Could it be the TP-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could it be the TP-2?

After a few problems with a axis suddenly going out of tolerance while programming a new part and checking and re-checking alignments and rebooting the CMM with no luck. We will requalify the probe and everything will come back into spec. Could this be a problem with the TP-2?

We are running 3.7 mr3 on a B&S 9-12-9.

Thanks inadvance for you time.

Originally posted by Ekroetz View Post
    After a few problems with a axis suddenly going out of tolerance while programming a new part and checking and re-checking alignments and rebooting the CMM with no luck. We will requalify the probe and everything will come back into spec. Could this be a problem with the TP-2?

We are running 3.7 mr3 on a B&S 9-12-9.

Thanks inadvance for you time.
    Sounds like someone had a crash and/or your head is not tight to the quill. Also, every time you un-screw something in the probe build-up, no matter what, you ahve to re-qualify. You will never get any single item screwed back in to the exact same torque and location.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      You will never get any single item screwed back in to the exact same torque and location.
      Kind of like that "magical" spot. Sheez, you hit it just right once and they want you to hit it everytime after that.

Your TP2 might be having intermitent problems too. That is a sign of the end.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment