Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• circularity will not report correctly

On 4.2 when using a program that requires the part to be flipped over
    and using an equate alignment , the report for roundness of any circle on the 1st side only comes out looking more like a distance than roundness ,
    any clues to what is happening? I have tried reporting it as the program runs , but that doesn"t work either.
    Last edited by Allen Long; 06-20-2007, 10:48 AM.
    PH10MQ------ TP200
    CHAMELEON 15-30-10
    PCDMIS 2010

Are you trying to do circularity or concentricity?
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

circularity
      PH10MQ------ TP200
      CHAMELEON 15-30-10
      PCDMIS 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Long View Post
        circularity
        If you report the form of the diameter right after you measure it, it doesnt come out right? Flipping the part should have no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen Long View Post
          On 4.2 when using a program that requires the part to be flipped over
          and using an equate alignment , the report for roundness of any circle on the 1st side only comes out looking more like a distance than roundness ,
          any clues to what is happening? I have tried reporting it as the program runs , but that doesn"t work either.
          Can you post some code?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

basic program consistsb of a round aircraft engine part taking hits on a surface
            to create a plane then hits on a id or od to and then hits on a bolt hole to use as timing to miss other features then create an alignment run a few id's and od's go to manual then flip the part and use the same datums if possible and make an equate alignment which still works great .my only problem is all id's and od's from the first side will not report circularity correctly.
            PH10MQ------ TP200
            CHAMELEON 15-30-10
            PCDMIS 2010

Comment

Do them before the equate.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                If you report the form of the diameter right after you measure it, it doesnt come out right? Flipping the part should have no effect.
                What cmmguy says is true. Have you tried this?

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                Can you post some code?

You have not posted code. If you could lease post a copy/paste of your code so that we can look at it? Or use the # sign and place your code within the 2 "code" brackets to retain the correct spacing of your code.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment