Calibration wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration wait

PFX is due calibration in November. I noticed last week it was measuring o/s. Came to the conclusion with B&S that it needs to be calibrated. Here's the good news the earliest date they can do it is 16th July.
    sigpic
    To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

What method(s) do you use to determine o/s? Do you use a master part or ball bar? There are a lot of things that throw your measurements off and give you bad results. Swap out the the and probe module if you have a spare. Get the longest gage block or other certified artifact you have and check the linear measurements. Verify that is in fact you are getting bas numbers before you get calibration performed.

We have four (4) 4-5-4 PFx's and had never been calibrated for linearity since they were done after assembly, only checking squareness with the ball bar. I had two of them done in May and the worst was only out by 0.010mm over the the range of the CMM. The other was still within manufacturer's specification. I do plan on having the other checked when they are do for calibration.
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Hiya dwade, the tips calibrate ok and it measures a ring gauge fine. I ran setmasters and a ball bar test and thats where it showed me an error of .001" approx. I swapped the whole ph10M module and it still showed the error
      sigpic
      To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment