3.73 pgm from 4.2 workable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.73 pgm from 4.2 workable?

Has anybody brought a program back from 4.2 to 3.7x and had success? I have a couple programs that were converted to 4.2 and brought back to 3.73. (no there are no backups for these two in particular - yes there should be but no there isn't). We were going to make a clean break and never go back. Two programs fell through the cracks and I hate to rewrite them.
    Anyway, these two programs have very strange problems. Some examples are:
    Measure PLANE. Level and Translate to PLane. Take a point on plane and it is off 1.5mm - 2.5mm. Level is working but translation is not. I have trashed the Plane AND Alignemnt and rewrote those sections. Makes no difference.

Persistent Code Changes. PC DMIS will change a component of a feature such as approach vector or evaluation method etc. Rewrites are ignored.

Has anybody had any success in salvaging programs that have gone over or is this a case of Pet Cemetery?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
    Has anybody brought a program back from 4.2 to 3.7x and had success? I have a couple programs that were converted to 4.2 and brought back to 3.73. (no there are no backups for these two in particular - yes there should be but no there isn't). We were going to make a clean break and never go back. Two programs fell through the cracks and I hate to rewrite them.
    Anyway, these two programs have very strange problems. Some examples are:
    Measure PLANE. Level and Translate to PLane. Take a point on plane and it is off 1.5mm - 2.5mm. Level is working but translation is not. I have trashed the Plane AND Alignemnt and rewrote those sections. Makes no difference.

Persistent Code Changes. PC DMIS will change a component of a feature such as approach vector or evaluation method etc. Rewrites are ignored.

Has anybody had any success in salvaging programs that have gone over or is this a case of Pet Cemetery?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    I will assume the problem with remaesuring a point on the plane is in 4.2? If so, do you have "snap point" checked? If you do , that is the problem. As of the 06-12-07 release the snap point issue has been resolved. If your version is older than that download the newest version.

Your persistent code changing problem I have not seen.

I have moved from 3.7mr3 to 4.2 and from 4.2 to 3.7mr3 with no problems. As I have said in the past it may be controller specific.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hey James,
      The problem is showing up in 3.73. Once files have gone over and come back they don't work right. I have two that I am simply going to have to trash and rewrite from scratch..
      Thanks,
      Bill
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment