Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent used files

3.7 MR3

How do I set my File menu to not display any recent used files? I am sure it is in the settings editor or some crap like that.

My issue is if I delete, move or rename a file that file name is still in the recent used list. So then right after being told not to use the recent used drop down but to only open from the file manager the monkey does it anyway. Not sure if you guys know this but I found out that when a file is selected from the recent used list that is not in that directory PCDMIS creates one. Except it is a nothing file. PCDMIS "opens" it in that it does not give an error it just flashes and stays on the flash screen. To make a long story short I have guys that keep opening a file in the recent used that is not in that directory then PCDMIS creates a 2K .prg file that isn't really a .prg. Then I get phone calls. I want to get rid of the recent used option.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

I think you can delete the list in Windoze, I know it is an option in some spam-spy-virus softwares, so there must be a way to do it as a command from Windoze, possibly something you can add to a short-cut to automatically do it when Pcdmis is opened.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I think that might be a windows setting and not a pc-dmis setting.

Comment

Most programs I have seen have their own settings. I am thinking of Excel and Word where they have internal controls for the length of teh recently used files list.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
          Most programs I have seen have their own settings. I am thinking of Excel and Word where they have internal controls for the length of teh recently used files list.
          HA! You hit the "teh" just like me!
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

BUSTED!!!!
            I do that a LOT!! LOL
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Some applications allow you to set it, does PCDMIS? Perhaps not. I bet Saliha knows. What time is in Turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                Some applications allow you to set it, does PCDMIS? Perhaps not. I bet Saliha knows. What time is in Turkey?
                Your SMA probably has to be up to date!

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post

8:05PM in turkey
                  sigpicRegards,
                  Donald Henger
                  B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                  3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                  PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                  Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Did you check the scro......never mind....different thread
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Hi Craiger,
                      no option to turn it off, it's fixed to the latest 4 pp's.

But the values are stored in the registry under:
                      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WAI\PC-DMIS\PCDLRN\Recent File List

HTH

Comment

Thank you much Hans, I'll check it out.

Cheers

Comment