Blue text in 4.2 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue text in 4.2 Report

Loaded 4.2 onto 2 of our machines last week, one works great, the other refuses to change the color of reports from blue. I went into the TEXTONLY ReportTemplate file, making sure it was not marked as Read Only, and made the changes to the colors for Comments, Dimensions, etc. to print as black. No dice, reports still appear as all blue.

I tried exporting the Settings Editor stuff and importing a copy from elsewhere, but same issues came up.

Any suggestions?
    Who am I, where am I, what's going on?

All of the Report Templates (*.RTP) and Label Templates (*.LBL) are Read-only. This is a Windows attribute that can be changed. In v4.1 these files are in the C:\Program Files\WAI\PC-DMIS V41\reporting folder for the default install. Check this path for v4.2. Right click on the Template, click Properties and uncheck the Read-only box.

It's recommended to copy the entire reporting folder as a backup before making changes so all Report and Label templates can be restored to the original form if needed.

I don't know why one of your machines did not get the default blue text.
    sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
    PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Comment

Originally posted by boximus View Post
      Loaded 4.2 onto 2 of our machines last week, one works great, the other refuses to change the color of reports from blue. I went into the TEXTONLY ReportTemplate file, making sure it was not marked as Read Only, and made the changes to the colors for Comments, Dimensions, etc. to print as black. No dice, reports still appear as all blue.

I tried exporting the Settings Editor stuff and importing a copy from elsewhere, but same issues came up.

Any suggestions?
      Copy the folder that has the black printing onto the computer with the blue? It could be that you didn't save it. If you got the one to print black the other one should also.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by boximus View Post

Any suggestions?

Did you ever figure out what the problem with this one was? I am having a similar problem, but my out of tolerance dimensions do not highlight in red the way they used to. Almost missed this one and sent out a bad report without knowing it. This makes 4.2 unusable as far as I am concerned.
        Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

This is just a shot in the dark... but I ran into a problem last week where I was trying to use a modified color scheme and it only worked for a part of my report. It turned out that the Report object in the template needed to be modified as well as the TextReportObject. Maybe this is related?
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I tried that Jess but the text was still blue. It did get rid of the background colors though.

For some reason when I went into the ReportTemplate and changed the color of the Unmarked section for dimension, comments, etc. this was "fixed". Everything was marked so I have no idea why this changed the color, but it did.
            Who am I, where am I, what's going on?

Comment