4.2 - Construct Line Problem... Any Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 - Construct Line Problem... Any Help?

Hey everybody... We just recently installed 4.2 and so far I like it. I did run into a small problem however... When I construct a line the dialog box is to large and I can't get to the "create" button at the bottom. I have to resize my screen to 1600 x 1024 pixels to get to it. It's all of the new theoretical stuff they put in there and it makes the box to big. Do any of you know if there is a way around this or have you seen anything similar? Thanks in advance.

Mike

You have to set your screen properties higher. 1024 x 768 will not cut it. You have to go higher than that.
    No other way around it.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks wingman! That is what I thought. I kinda like my 1024 x 768 setting. In my opinion I think that the guys at Wilcox need to address this issue. They could fatten the dialog box rather than lengthen it. It would take up a little more of the screen but at least we wouldn't need to reset our screen properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Johnston View Post
        Thanks wingman! That is what I thought. I kinda like my 1024 x 768 setting. In my opinion I think that the guys at Wilcox need to address this issue. They could fatten the dialog box rather than lengthen it. It would take up a little more of the screen but at least we wouldn't need to reset our screen properties.
        The 'gentlemen' at Wilcox all assume we all have HUGE monitors at 1600x1200 OR HIGHER resolution. JUst 'cause they have something, they all assume we have the same.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Or you could get four monitors hooked up. One for code, one for cad, one for the report, and one for the window boxes - LOL
          Seriously, I agree, the boxes should fit 1024 x 768 (even 800 x 600). Better yet they should be resizable. Set them to the size you want and they stay. Shouldn't be that hard.
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
            Or you could get four monitors hooked up. One for code, one for cad, one for the report, and one for the window boxes - LOL
            Seriously, I agree, the boxes should fit 1024 x 768 (even 800 x 600). Better yet they should be resizable. Set them to the size you want and they stay. Shouldn't be that hard.
            AND, you should be able to 'hide' the parts that they added that you don'e use, won't use, or never use. The Auto Features window is a prime example. They went to a drop-down list because they had added too many feature types for them to show up as tabs. Why can't there be a 'set-up' option for you to mark just the feature types you want to show up in the window? I mean, how often do you use corner point in automotive sheet-metal (just as an example). You should be able to customize these things, just like the toolbars. (oops, that will add in 57,213 more bugs to the software!)
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Exactly Matt... We SHOULD be able to hide the crap we don't use. I can already tell that I can't wait for an "MR" to be released. It's like we're back to 3.5 with the way that PC-Dmis just poops out whenever it feels like. Trying to construct a circle out of 18 points and it has pooped out 3 times already. Not nearly as stable as 3.7 MR3.

Comment