Machine Just Stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Just Stops?

Brand new B&S " One". Dmis Cad 4.1 version. The machine just stops responding for no apparent reason. It did this to me last week about 10 times. This morning while taken the first hit to establish a plane, it stopped again. I have reboot everything for it to come back up. What's this all about .
    Thanks for any shed of light on this.
    Patrick
    I don't feel tardy!sigpic
    B&S "One" V4.2
    Discovery D-12 V4.2

Any errors pop up? Does it do it while you are taking manual hits and during dcc operation? When you shutdown and restart what exactly are you shutting down? The machine, the computer, pc-dmis?

Comment

If it is brand new, I would start calling the, er, people you bought it from and have them drag their butts in there everytime it does that until they get it fixed OR they replace the machine as defective.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

No errors on the screen. I am in manual mode. Generally I have to power down the cmm and close the dmis program . Then I repower the cmm, reopen the dmis program.
        I don't feel tardy!sigpic
        B&S "One" V4.2
        Discovery D-12 V4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          If it is brand new, I would start calling the, er, people you bought it from and have them drag their butts in there everytime it does that until they get it fixed OR they replace the machine as defective.

WMS
          sigpic

B&S Global 544
          Using 3.7mr3

Peace
          Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

You say stops, do you lose the machine start?
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

What kind of probe do you have? TP20, TP200, etc...?
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 1CMM4ME View Post
                Brand new B&S " One". Dmis Cad 4.1 version. The machine just stops responding for no apparent reason. It did this to me last week about 10 times. This morning while taken the first hit to establish a plane, it stopped again. I have reboot everything for it to come back up. What's this all about .
                Thanks for any shed of light on this.
                Patrick
                If its new I would have their butts in there ASAP
                sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                  If its new I would have their butts in there ASAP
                  WBS, and I would deport the sales rep.
                  When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post

Only after executing him/her.......show no favortism
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

After stripping him (her) naked and painting him (her) a bright purple with yellow dots.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by 1CMM4ME View Post
                        No errors on the screen. I am in manual mode. Generally I have to power down the cmm and close the dmis program . Then I repower the cmm, reopen the dmis program.
                        When does it do it, in the middle of a move, just after you take a hit or both?

Comment

Had this happen as well and it turned out to be a defective encoder board. It would allow some movement but then just stop altogether. Then the machine start button wouldn't stay lit. The new board and the service was covered under warranty, though. Do a system diagnostics and see if you get any errors after the machine stops on you.
                          Last edited by starrydays; 06-25-2007, 03:50 PM.
                          Starry Days

Comment

WCS, and I would deport myself.

G
                            sigpic

Comment

Same problem

Originally posted by starrydays View Post
                              Had this happen as well and it turned out to be a defective encoder board. It would allow some movement but then just stop altogether. Then the machine start button wouldn't stay lit. The new board and the service was covered under warranty, though. Do a system diagnostics and see if you get any errors after the machine stops on you.
                              How do you do a system diagnostics when this happens. we are having the same problem at times. Serviceman can not find anything wrong.
                              Running 4.1 on B/S One machine
                              Achieving unverifiable productivity daily

Comment