Freaky DEMON start up this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaky DEMON start up this morning

Something really freaky this morning with starting PC-DMIS (off-line seat) this morning. Trying to start PC-DMIS twice this morning and the program I was working on automatically opened up with only CAD and feature names in the graphics window and nothing in the edit window. I had to re-boot the PC to get the DEMON to start correctly. I closed PC-DMIS same as always when I left yesterday.

Maybe it's telling me that I should not work on Saturdays
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Originally posted by dwade View Post
    Something really freaky this morning with starting PC-DMIS (off-line seat) this morning. Trying to start PC-DMIS twice this morning and the program I was working on automatically opened up with only CAD and feature names in the graphics window and nothing in the edit window. I had to re-boot the PC to get the DEMON to start correctly. I closed PC-DMIS same as always when I left yesterday.

Maybe it's telling me that I should not work on Saturdays
    I'm here today too Have you tried going to print/print preview/ & just look at the edit window then exit out of print preview. When I loose my edit window this will bring it back. Just a PC- DMIN thought....
    sigpicRegards,
    Donald Henger
    B&S Micro Excel Pfx
    3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
    PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
    Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

After re-booting the PC, everything was back to normal. I leave my PC on all week (backups from CMMs on the floor to my PC everyday) and I have never had that happen. I try to reboot my PC once a day before leaving for the day to load updates, etc and yesterday was no different. It would just not load right. normally when you open the DEMON you don't have any program load automatically and this program opened when I started the DEMON up.
      Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by dwade View Post
        After re-booting the PC, everything was back to normal. I leave my PC on all week (backups from CMMs on the floor to my PC everyday) and I have never had that happen. I try to reboot my PC once a day before leaving for the day to load updates, etc and yesterday was no different. It would just not load right. normally when you open the DEMON you don't have any program load automatically and this program opened when I started the DEMON up.
        That is weard??? Its never happened to me before & I'm running 3.7mr3. Depending on what I'm running as to when I shut the computer down, but usually I shut down every day. I'm Lucky and have no Monkeys on my Machine except monkey me
        sigpicRegards,
        Donald Henger
        B&S Micro Excel Pfx
        3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
        PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
        Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Was it in LastExecuteMode which shows nothing when you load the program since nothing was executed? Did you press the Command or Summary Button to try to switch the mode?

Comment

This was my off-line seat. I do all of my off-line programming in command mode. Never change it except to full report mode to check the results. Nothing would work as if the DEMON went dead on me. But, why did the program open autmatically?
            Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

I have had this happen. Usually, it happens when the pc-dmis locks and it boots you out. When you open pc-dmis back up the program is still open. I think the problem is when it dumps you out it doesn't completely close something.

What I do when this happens is open pc-dmis. Do ctrl+alt+delete, go to the task manager, select pc-dmis and select end task. Then, when it is gone, re-start pc-dmis and everthing is back to normal.

Comment

I have had that happen more than once with V3.7 MR2,
                I reboot to close out PC D-MIS (because it is aparently still running in the background).

Comment