3.7 MR 3 behaving oddly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7 MR 3 behaving oddly

MR 3 is new to us and I am having issues with it. I am going to have trouble describing what is happening because I don't believe it myself. Here is a scenario:

I define an Auto Point at RAD 321 / Angle 0
    I measure the Auto Point and it is maybe 0.5mm off (no big deal)
    However, the Actual shows up way out in left field somewhere (300 - 2500 mm off)
    When this happens I have deleted code and re-written it. No difference. Sometimes when I run it then it comes out OK. Other times it is WAY off. Seems totally intermittent and random but when it comes it is persistent and seems to randomly go away as quick as it appeared. The machine knows where to look and it finds the surface where it is supposed to be. However, it stores the actual as some impossible location and reports the same impossible location on the report.

Baffling.

The thing is, the install of MR3 coincides with the addition of a new operator of an off shift who knows nothing. Can the operator do something wrong to cause this sort of thing? Is there a seting I can flip to prevent this? At this poiont I may as well clock out and go home and never come back - LOL.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

OK, I found 4 lines of code duplicated in the program. They happened to be the code that set the Primary Alignment (ABC). I don't understand how this could cause what I had but when I deleted the duplicate code the problem went away.

So, it appears have an Operator playing around an copying / pasting. Can PC DMIS duplicate code on its own when it crashes? My off shift guys have an awful lot of crashes / lockups.
    Thanks,
    Bill

TGI FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I use to have a guy on the off shift that had a lot of crashes, he was the type to play with things.

Well since hes been gone we have had one crash, operator put fixture in wrong place.

So if you have curious monkeys, expect crashes. even more if they think they know it all.
      sigpic

B&S Global 544
      Using 3.7mr3

Peace
      Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
        Can PC DMIS duplicate code on its own when it crashes?
        Hahahaahaaahaaaaaha! This is PCDMIS, it can do anything! Of course, most of the time it excels at doing things that are totally not what you want or totally confusing. I wouldn't be suprised if it inserted stuff on its own during a crash but most likely your operator is doing something funny.

Comment

What is getting inserted? Movepoints? Readpoints? Comments? There are many things that hotkeys will insert so if the monkey likes to push pretty buttons there is a chance he is doing this to you.

I recommend taking a plunger to your monkey.
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
            What is getting inserted? Movepoints? Readpoints? Comments? There are many things that hotkeys will insert so if the monkey likes to push pretty buttons there is a chance he is doing this to you.

I recommend taking a plunger to your monkey.
            Which end of the plunger?

Comment

DEPORT the monkey!!!!
              sigpicRegards,
              Donald Henger
              B&S Micro Excel Pfx
              3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
              PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
              Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                Which end of the plunger?
                It was 4 lines of code word for word. Two comments. 1 Alignment Setting. 1 Alignment shift.
                Bill Jarrells

Comment

It was 4 lines of code word for word. Two comments. 1 Alignment Setting. 1 Alignment shift.
                  This sounds like the operator copied and pasted the extra stuff some how????
                  sigpicRegards,
                  Donald Henger
                  B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                  3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                  PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                  Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

That is what I am thinking. BTW, ever see code pasted inside other commands? For example, have you ever seen a string of points 'pattern pasted' inside an alignment command or other command. I don't know how it happens but I have seen that.
                    Bill Jarrells

Comment

That is what I am thinking. BTW, ever see code pasted inside other commands? For example, have you ever seen a string of points 'pattern pasted' inside an alignment command or other command. I don't know how it happens but I have seen that.
                      Do you have your programs "write protected"?
                      Most people do, myself included.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

No, not mormally. I have backups in folders that are NOT supposed to be used except to copy back over a corrupted program.
                        Might have to try that.
                        Bill Jarrells

Comment