Probe Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Toolbox

Anybody know how to stop the probe tool box (V4.2) from keep attaching itself to the toolbars? Not a major issue I know, but it does bug me.

Also any reason why intermittently I lose my edit window and all my toolbars?

I know I can go view>toolbars>window layouts, but again it's a pain in the butt to keep having to do it.

Cheers

Snaggy
    If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
    Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

With your "AUTO-FEATURE" window open, turn off the "PROBE TOOLBOX" icon. Try just closing the "AUTO-FEATURE" window and it should stay hidden. If not, do the above, and then create a feature. I just opened the "AUTO-FEATURE" window, turned off the "TOOLBOX" icon and then created an auto-circle. At that point I then closed the "AUTO-FEATURE" window and re-opened it, no toolboox.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
      With your "AUTO-FEATURE" window open, turn off the "PROBE TOOLBOX" icon. Try just closing the "AUTO-FEATURE" window and it should stay hidden. If not, do the above, and then create a feature. I just opened the "AUTO-FEATURE" window, turned off the "TOOLBOX" icon and then created an auto-circle. At that point I then closed the "AUTO-FEATURE" window and re-opened it, no toolboox.
      That's correct James. When pressed, that button will automatically open and close the ProbeToolBox whenever the Autofeature dialog is opened. This is especially useful for the contact (and laser) world. For the vision world, the probe toolbox does many useful things (think lighting, magnification,etc) even when the autofeature dialog is not open, so they don't usually use this option.

But, does this answer Snaggy's question? For me, I normally do keep the ProbeToolbox docked to the bottom of my Command Mode (Edit) Window. But, I can undock it and move it to the middle of the screen without too much trouble. I can then open and close and autofeature (and with the toggle mentioned above), the ProbeToolbox will appear and disappear in the middle of the screen, right where I left it (undocked).

-Glenn

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't really want to turn off the toolbox, as I like the control I get with it and I don't want it docked to a toolbar as I only have a 19" monitor and 80% of the work I do is with cad. It doesn't leave a lot of room to see what you are doing. But like Glenn said it is not too much trouble to move it, it just bugs me.

Looks like they will have to buy me a second monitor or just a really big one, like that will happen.
        If I have offended anyone with this post, I'd like to take this opportunity to say BOLLOCKS
        Dry your eyes Princess and man up.

Comment