Points

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Points

    What Is The Best Way To Export Xy Data. Let Me Start From The Begining, My Supervisor Brought Me A Small Part And Wanted Me To Check Some Points Around It On The Parting Line At A Certain Height. He Said He Wanted The Xy Data To Import Into Cad To Create The Part Form. Is This Even Possible And What Shall I Do My Brothers From Other Mothers

    Scott

    Ps: He Will Match It Up To The Cad Data-so He Says.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Do you have cad??
    if so do an iterative and do some scaning then file/export
    if not try to do a basic setup to somthing that the cad guy can understand.
    then scan it to that setup and scan more than they want so cad guy can overlay it to his cad to align your scan to his data. I've had good luck doing this.

    Comment


    • #3
      I do this pretty often. I do just what Randy said, but here is a little more detail. I never have cad and I can use basic alignments features. So what I do is measure all my features for the alignment (manual and DCC). Then I do scans (linear open or closed) whatever I can use. I will normally after the scan generate "to points". This is easiers sometimes for the Cad guys to turn into splines. When I am done, I go back and mark out the manual alignment and my 1st DCC alignment (I usually do 2 DCC alignment, the 2nd is just to tweek the 1st). I do this before I export the data. It seems to work pretty good for the cad guys here, and we have 2 type of cad guys. Really old school and young new school guys. LOL
      Dale
      v2011 MR1 CAD ++

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by WScmm View Post
        I do this pretty often. I do just what Randy said, but here is a little more detail. I never have cad and I can use basic alignments features. So what I do is measure all my features for the alignment (manual and DCC). Then I do scans (linear open or closed) whatever I can use. I will normally after the scan generate "to points". This is easiers sometimes for the Cad guys to turn into splines. When I am done, I go back and mark out the manual alignment and my 1st DCC alignment (I usually do 2 DCC alignment, the 2nd is just to tweek the 1st). I do this before I export the data. It seems to work pretty good for the cad guys here, and we have 2 type of cad guys. Really old school and young new school guys. LOL
        You do NOT need to convert the scans into points, you can export the scans AS points or Polylines, the choice is yours and it is in the EXPORT ~ IGES window, under setup. That way you can keep the scans as scans for possible use later, once you convert them into points, that is what they are for ever and ever.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

        Comment


        • #5
          the choice is yours and it is in the EXPORT ~ IGES window, under setup
          Ok, in the setup window what do I pick? I was told by B&S to check "scans as Copious Data from 12(crv wo/Vectors)". What do you check.

          thanks
          Dale
          v2011 MR1 CAD ++

          Comment


          • #6
            To export the scans as polylines, I use Scans as Copious data form 12 (crv wo/vectors), same as you. Yo export those scans as points, I use Scans as Copious Data Form 2 (pnts wo/Vectors) AND you also have to select SCANS AS POINTS for it to work.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

            Comment


            • #7
              Matt, is this what I should have checked? splines and polylines are what I think they want also. Is there anything else that I must keep in mind? I think I will run a quick scan and check this out. If I don't have to go to points my programs will be much shorter. I like that.
              Attached Files
              Dale
              v2011 MR1 CAD ++

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by WScmm View Post
                Matt, is this what I should have checked? splines and polylines are what I think they want also. Is there anything else that I must keep in mind? I think I will run a quick scan and check this out. If I don't have to go to points my programs will be much shorter. I like that.
                Yep, that should export the scans as points. I usually export the data twice, once as the splines (which, from Pcdmis are REALLY polylines) then again as the points. Then they have 2 iges files and they can take their pick of which they want to use that day. You know those guys, they are as bad a engineers at times. One day they will want points, the next, the polylines and no matter which way you do it, seems they will want the other way instead. So, I give them both ways. Onlys takes a couple seconds more.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Matt.
                  Did Scott get his question answered? Beside it is hard to answer w/ that Auburn helmet out there. You need to put this up Scott. (this should get it started)
                  http://gatorzone.teamfanshop.com/Def...439/viewName/0
                  Last edited by WScmm; 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM.
                  Dale
                  v2011 MR1 CAD ++

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X