Edit while running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit while running?

I have only been using PC DMIS for about a year now. But there is one thing that has really bothered me and that is the lack of ability to edit - on the fly. Maybe it exists? But, I have not found a way to add a move point or edit a hit or two within a feature during run. This would be very useful. Is there a way to edit a hit point or add a move while in execution or even 'suspended execution' without cancelling the execution?
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

You can set a breakpoint and run the program up to that point and then step it from there. Making changes to a program while it is paused can result in some odd behaviur. It sometimes tries to rerun the changes and this may be unexpected.
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

OR, no, you can not edit a program whlie running it.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Best bet is to stop the prg, make the edit and ctrl+u from the edited spot. It is not like VB in debug mode, don't trust PCDMIS debug except for stepping.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

OK. I was looking for something silimar to the 'find hole' thing. When find hole can't find a hole it asks if you want to update target. Would be nice to have that option of points measured on a feature. I haven't actually found a 'good' way to alter a point or two in the first place. As far as I know there is now way to just 'teach' it a new point. I have always keyed it in.

Anyway, since that door is closed what about printing? When I stop execution and edit a feature / CTRL U and move on I have to remember to turn printing OFF or I will get a partial printout. Is there a way to force PC DMIS to go ahead and give a full printout after I edit / ctrl u?
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment