Assignment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignment question

What is wrong with this assignment statement?
    Assign/V1 = Datum A.Y-.050

It gives me invalid expression in the assign from dialog box. Datum A is a plane that I have leveled to in the Y axis. The expression value should be -.050. Could it be the space in the feature name? I am using version 3.7 MR3.

Use NO spaces or special characters in your feature ID's, stick to letters and numbers to eliminate problems like this. Also, remember, if you use a feature ID in an assignment, if you later change the feature's ID, it will NOT update in the assignment.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Maybe it doesnt like the blank in the feature name.

Also, unless you leveled on the plane, the coordinates for a plane are worthless. If you leveled on the plane, then the axis it is leveled to is the only one valid.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeph View Post
        What is wrong with this assignment statement?
        Assign/V1 = Datum A.Y-.050

It gives me invalid expression in the assign from dialog box. Datum A is a plane that I have leveled to in the Y axis. The expression value should be -.050. Could it be the space in the feature name? I am using version 3.7 MR3.
        It's either that or try Assign/v1 = Datum_A.Y.Meas-.050
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Here is one I use. I stick with the PC-DMIS naming convention when I need to use them in variables.
          ASSIGN/V2 = ABS(F4.A.MEAS)/2
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

I take it your feature name is Datum a
            sigpic
            if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

While on the topic of assignment statements. I've run into inconsistant assignment statement result. In most programming languages I'm familier with, the sign of a value can be reversed by placing a negitive sign before the variable containing the value (example: V2 = -V1). This does not work in PCDMIS (v3.7). Rewrite the statement to V2 = (-1) * V1.

Comment

Originally posted by kneislyd View Post
                While on the topic of assignment statements. I've run into inconsistant assignment statement result. In most programming languages I'm familier with, the sign of a value can be reversed by placing a negitive sign before the variable containing the value (example: V2 = -V1). This does not work in PCDMIS (v3.7). Rewrite the statement to V2 = (-1) * V1.
                Rewrite the statement to V2 = V1*-1
                Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment