Help Align Part W/out Cad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Align Part W/out Cad

How Do I Align A Part So That I Can Check The Location Of Some Holes And Surfaces. Do I Create Points And Make Pc-dmis Align To Those Points? I Tried This But I Get An Error "iterate Error...?". I Also Tried Measured Features Which By The Way Seemed Like It Was Going To Work But I Got An Error "parameters Out...? I Just Need A Basic 321 Alignment
    Please Help

you should have a plane to level a line to rotate and a origin in a lot of cases the line should run left to right.
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

You can NOT do an iterative alignment without exact XYZ values for each and every point used in the alignment.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by CMM_123 View Post
        How Do I Align A Part So That I Can Check The Location Of Some Holes And Surfaces. Do I Create Points And Make Pc-dmis Align To Those Points? I Tried This But I Get An Error "iterate Error...?". I Also Tried Measured Features Which By The Way Seemed Like It Was Going To Work But I Got An Error "parameters Out...? I Just Need A Basic 321 Alignment
        Please Help
        Basic 1-2-3. Measure a plane in one axis.
        Measure a line in 2nd axis.
        Measure a point in 3rd axis.
        Level to plane.
        Rotate to line.
        Set Plane as one axis origin.
        Set line as 2nd axis origin.
        Set point as 3rd axis origin.

A couple of other suggestions. Get in-house training. It will do wonders, since you work with your parts. Turn off caps lock, it makes your posts easier to read.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
          Basic 1-2-3. Measure a plane in one axis.
          Measure a line in 2nd axis.
          Measure a point in 3rd axis.
          Level to plane.
          Rotate to line.
          Set Plane as one axis origin.
          Set line as 2nd axis origin.
          Set point as 3rd axis origin.

A couple of other suggestions. Get in-house training. It will do wonders, since you work with your parts. Turn off caps lock, it makes your posts easier to read.
          What all above have said. look at the alignment arrows for your axis down at the left hand corner. They will move when you try the 123 alignment. This might help. John has these BIG glasses on and the cap locks makes it hard for him to SEE & it looked like you were yelling at us then you wern't then you were wern't
          sigpicRegards,
          Donald Henger
          B&S Micro Excel Pfx
          3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
          PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
          Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

One more thing. You should have a 321 button on your Add-In toolbar. You can display your Add-In toolbar by VIEW / TOOLBARS / ADD_INS
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment