Teaching pendant problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaching pendant problems

occasionally, when using the teaching pendant, when I press the enable button the ph-10 will start moving in the -y direction without me moving the joystick. This can be a problem when doing manual alignments. Has anyone else had this problem? I can solve it by slapping the pendant with my hand. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the thing?

All kinds of threads for the jogbox issues. Slapping it works for me. Go ahead, there are plenty of jokes here. There are some adjustments inside that will help with this. I am not taking any responsibilty for what happens if you mess with those. I did and had no problems. It has to do with the tension of the springs inside.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calbritton View Post
      occasionally, when using the teaching pendant, when I press the enable button the ph-10 will start moving in the -y direction without me moving the joystick. This can be a problem when doing manual alignments. Has anyone else had this problem? I can solve it by slapping the pendant with my hand. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the thing?
      Many people have had this problem. If you take it apart, there are little potentiometers in there attached to the joystick. You can adjust the position to remove the 'drift'. However, you will most likely find that if you adjust it to remove -y drift today that next week it will be drifting +y. So, given that, your options are to get a new jog box, get a new joystick from the manufacturer, live with it.

There is one other option that happened to fix mine. Mine was bad enough that it was practically not usable. I'm not recommending you do this by the way. I took the joystick out of mine and actually disassembled the joystick. When I put it back together the drift was magically fixed and hasn't returned.

Comment