removing individual points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing individual points

When doing a scan, (linear open), is there a way to delete individual points from the scan and then it automatically recalculate the points for the new profile?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
    When doing a scan, (linear open), is there a way to delete individual points from the scan and then it automatically recalculate the points for the new profile?
    Yeah, show all hits and look for the hit(s) you want to remove. Highlight and delete them. Now go to your profile dimension and "F9" it. Hit create and close. Should be updated. Let me guess outliers? That why I continued on into the 4+ land. More robustsure footed scanning can be had in 4+ land.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
      Yeah, show all hits and look for the hit(s) you want to remove. Highlight and delete them. Now go to your profile dimension and "F9" it. Hit create and close. Should be updated. Let me guess outliers? That why I continued on into the 4+ land. More robustsure footed scanning can be had in 4+ land.
      That worked! Thanks! Yeah, source ppl don't like seeing those outliers....what do you mean?....4 place decimals? I do that too.

Comment

Another way too is when constructing some features, you can choose segments of the scan.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jkb_mcg View Post
          That worked! Thanks! Yeah, source ppl don't like seeing those outliers....what do you mean?....4 place decimals? I do that too.
          No, PC-DMIS 4.2, not 4 place decimals.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

As already noted, you can just delete the hits (from the text of the program). The only trouble is to understand which are exactly the lines to delete... You may refer to T value if you want to delete hits upon on their deviations. If you want just to cut at the start or at the end it starts to be a little bit longer. At the end for a single point sensor it may be enough (just remeber to set the execution mode not to RELEARN, as long as it will reset you chages!)
            Another (mathematical) way is to "trim" the curve - made by constructing "feature set" and indicating the name of the original scan, manually adding the point numbers you want to keep. Like SCN1.HITS[10..200]. This is quite good if you want automatically to trim starting or ending points ( normally you have to check the total number of points, so that the expression may be SCN1.HITS[10..VAR1], where VAR1 is a variablle assigned previously to SCN1.NUMHITS-10). If it is a 2D profile, I can also suggest to you to use a program, called CurveAnalyzer using it to show the profile and to select easily parts of the profile and others, just load the profile and do then whatever you want - http:\\ams3d.astrei.com. Has also better printing quality for the profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
              Another way too is when constructing some features, you can choose segments of the scan.
              Good point...Only thing is, I did this as a linear open scan, not a constructed scan....And i didn't click the To Points option.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                No, PC-DMIS 4.2, not 4 place decimals.
                ahh! yeah, I'm a bit skeptical about moving on to that....my 3.7mr3 seems to be doing pretty well.

Comment