sigpicA.Gore

1) Clean all drives and ways and scales
    2) Replace a controller
    3) Replace a drive
    4) Replace a drive belt
    5) Tighten a drive belt
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Your CMM has to move from A to B in an allotted time. If it doesn't you get an "excess lag error". As usual Matt is right start with cleaning, check for anything obstructing the movement of the CMM etc
      sigpic
      To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the input. it is done. As the new guy here, I have a few gripes and need the input of the members here to support my requests or requirements. Many thanks!!!

A.Gore
        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Low or obstructed air pressure can cause that too.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Usually, just cleaning the scales will take care of the problem - but, it could be the encoder getting ready to check out.
            sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment

Also listen for air leaks I had this problem in the past and the seal around my counter balance was leaking air creating a low pressure conidtion past the air
              pressure gage.
              sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Gardner View Post
                Usually, just cleaning the scales will take care of the problem - but, it could be the encoder getting ready to check out.
                The encoder is what got me. Cleaning is good though and the first place to start. We had our CMM completely rebuilt a couple years ago and it was a nightmare. They treated us right but it was still a mess. I hope it is just cleaning. repacing an encoder is no biggie but not cheap.
                One way to maybe keep from replacing it is to take the encoder bearing out for whichever axis and clean it thoroughly with a stiff brush and alcohol. This helps and maybe all it needs. Just be careful about putting it back in correctly.
                When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks for all the input. It was due to the fact that there are offices over the lab and the walking is creating vibrations and causing ceiling tile dust to fall on the cmm. After wiping it off, the problem was gone. I knew that the encoders shouldn't be the problem and there was no air problem. The cmm is fairly new and has been taken good care of.

Thanks Again,
                  A.Gore
                  sigpicA.Gore

Comment