Disappearing tool bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing tool bar

I keep losing my toolbar. I reload my toolbar selections and when I re-run a program, It's gone.
    I have to re do my toolbar for every new program I use.
    For over a year now, all my programs had the same toolbar, and it reloaded each time I called up a program, Now it doesn't..
    I have tried everything, saved the program etc and it still comes up with NO tool bar.
    Any help would be wonderful!! thanks everyone!
    Have a great day.. Hump day!!!

Len

It is probably THAT program. While it is running, STOP it, then get the toolbar back, then let it continue running.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks, But.. I Tried that and used perfectly good programs and they all come up with No tool bar
      Is there some sort of secret tool bar 'Save" feature?

Comment

You can save your toolbar. View / Toolbars / Widow Layouts
        this will turn on a window layouts tool bar where you can get the setup any way you want it and then save it.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
          this will turn on a window layouts tool bar where you can get the setup any way you want it and then save it.
          Do what Wingman says. Save a windows layout. Then, if your toolbars move or disappear, you just have to turn on that toolbar and click your saved icon and you're ready to go.

You also didn't mention what version you are using. The same thing (moving or disappearing toolbars) used to happen to me all the time with 3.7mr2. Upgrading to 3.7mr3 has fixed it except for very rare occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
            Try what Wingman said first.
            If that isn't your problem. Do this, close PC-DMIS. Go to the folder in which PC-DMIS 4.0 is resident. In that folder you will find a folder with the same name as the screen name of the current user. Open it. Find "executebarstate.dat", delete it. Re-open PC-DMIS and run a program. Fixed?

By the way. Are you running 4.0 because you do not have an SMA (Software Maintainence Agreement) to move upwards in versions? If you do have a current SMA, go get 4.2 and install it.

Go HERE for 4.2

I used 4.0 for about 5 minutes and uninstalled it. Nothing but trouble.
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thank You... I will try these solutions..
              I do have 4.0 and I'm not real happy with it. Do I have to uninstall 4.0 before I install 4.2??

Thanks for Your help.. Think Summerfest, the big Gig..

Comment

Originally posted by Moore Racing View Post
                Thank You... I will try these solutions..
                I do have 4.0 and I'm not real happy with it. Do I have to uninstall 4.0 before I install 4.2??

Thanks for Your help.. Think Summerfest, the big Gig..
                No, do not uninsatll 4.0. But, in the same area that 4.0 resides I would create a folder (4.2?) to install to. Also, when prompted to use the same menu item say "no" and create something with a unique name. Also, see Matt Hoedemans' suggestions for insatlling new versions in the "code" section of this forum.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment