Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 Patched for Autofeature issues as reported here on the forum

All-
    As a result of the issues found by Firehaus, Inspector212, James Mannes, Wingman, David Phillips and other users on this forum, the 4.2 release has been patched for the following issues:

247822: "Outside Cylinders using negative spacers and Avoidance Moves can cause the probe to crash" (David Phillips)

248544: "AutoVectorPt: Snap Problem as reported on user forum” (Inspector212 & example supplied by James Mannes)

248479: "BestFit RoundSlot 'best fit failure' measured angle vector incorrect." (Firehaus)

As posted previously, the patch below is also (still) in here as well.

248389: "AutoCircle: Studs with > 1 sample hits (with no avoidance moves): Errant circular move causing machine to drive off into space" (Firehaus)

Update 6/22/07

The following items have now been fixed (and can be downloaded using the same link below)

248367: "AutoCircle - CCW CW combo is blank" (Firehaus)
    (and related)
    248728: Regardless of new CCW option, starting and ending angles are getting made 0..360 which causes problems

248716: AutoCircle/Cylinder BestFit Math Type not brought in from Legacy programs (Wingman)

Update 7/5/07 (all issues below found internally)

248376: Possible vector problem when RMeas feature has sample hits (6/21/07)

247106: Use CAD provided ID's for Feature (6/25/07)

247873: AutoPlane - Laser - Target XYZ location changes when backsaving (6/27/07)

248808: some AF's loose their customization when they close and reopen the pp. (7/3/07)

Done Updates

My disclaimer… Because I don’t have control over the release of future patches, I can’t comment on if/when they will be released. If an additional Autofeature patch does become available, I'll post it here in this thread.

Go here to get the updated version. Update: It's a long story, but that link no longer seems to be working. There is a V42MR1RC version from 8/7/07 here." Note: The smaller, single-language versions in the subdirectory have not been updated.

Again, thank you to Firehaus, Inspector212, James Mannes, Wingman, David Phillips and the other forum members who brought these issues to our attention. Thanks to everyone else for your patience.

Best Regards,
    Glenn

[Edit] Hey! I finally lost my "junior" member status! :-)
    Last edited by Glenn.Russell; 08-29-2007, 10:12 PM.

Thanks for the update Glenn. The version I am using at this time didn't give me too much grief, but I will download this version and try it. Can you continue with these types of updates or is this something we should not get used to? I feel it is very informative and shows the PC-DMIS community that HEXAGON/WILCOX does in fact listen to the users.

Again thank you,
    Last edited by JamesMannes; 06-12-2007, 11:36 PM. Reason: decided to try this version
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hi James.
      Working late as well I see? I agree with you, but, this is something generally out of my control, and thus, probably shouldn't comment too much on. All I can say is that there are Wilcox testers and programmers that do indeed monitor the forum, and are proactive about it behind the scenes (even if it never gets posted). Normally things need to come in through the normal SMA routes. In this case, some of the issues found here were quite serious, and the people who make those decisions agreed that they needed to be fixed ASAP and the users informed. Feel free to contact me via PM/phone/email if you'd like to discuss it further, but this is all I’m comfortable saying publicly. Thanks again for all your help. I’m sure we’ll work together again in the future.
      -Glenn

Comment

Glenn,
        While I am not a 4.2 user, your help/updates usually do not affect me personally, and since I often bash on Hexagon... I must commend you for your posts on the forum. I feel it is very important for us to know that our complaints and suggestions do not fall on deaf ears. It is nice to know that some with Hexagon actually do care about their product and realize that it is important to show that to the users.

Please, please continue to post on the forum as much as you are able. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
          Thanks for the update Glenn. The version I am using at this time didn't give me too much grief, but I will download this version and try it. Can you continue with these types of updates or is this something we should not get used to? I feel it is very informative and shows the PC-DMIS community that HEXAGON/WILCOX does in fact listen to the users.

Again thank you,

James, at the last user's group meeting it was explained to us that version 4.3 will be a "module" based software, much like Windows OS. So if a certain issue has come up with the software, Wilcox can update just the module, instead of the entire software package. This is allow users more frequent updates without having to install the entire package over and over again.

HTH

Glenn, congrats on being a full member! Now somewone will have to teach you the secret handshake...

Comment

Great reaction from Hex/Wilcox....We really appreciate the update and quick fix after the finding.

I cant help but wonder if the posting of such issue on Google video/YouTube had something to do with the action taken ......hmmm?
            sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
              James, at the last user's group meeting it was explained to us that version 4.3 will be a "module" based software, much like Windows OS. So if a certain issue has come up with the software, Wilcox can update just the module, instead of the entire software package. This is allow users more frequent updates without having to install the entire package over and over again.

HTH

Glenn, congrats on being a full member! Now somewone will have to teach you the secret handshake...
              John, I think I read that from you already, but thanks for the reminder. I have worked with 4+ long enough I might try a 4.3, but I don't know. I stayed with 3.7mr3 since its' inception and have had a lot of luck with it. I have had the same luck with 4.2 and think I may stay there for a while.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

GoodLuck, James, etc - Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Originally posted by Mike N. View Post
                I cant help but wonder if the posting of such issue on Google video/YouTube had something to do with the action taken ......hmmm?
                Actually, it may have, though possibly not in the way you think. Often, when a customer sees a problem, it's very obvious to them... They report "area x" is broken. Yet, we had done testing in that area and didn't see a problem. We often spend more time trying to duplicate a problem than we do actually fixing it. When an issue is submitted, along with the usual program/cad/probe/debug file, a video clip is just one more piece of information that helps us duplicate a problem (faster). In this case the video made the problem that much easier to see/understand and thus fix. We were happy to have it.
                -Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Russell View Post
                  GoodLuck, James, etc - Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Actually, it may have, though possibly not in the way you think. Often, when a customer sees a problem, it's very obvious to them... They report "area x" is broken. Yet, we had done testing in that area and didn't see a problem. We often spend more time trying to duplicate a problem than we do actually fixing it. When an issue is submitted, along with the usual program/cad/probe/debug file, a video clip is just one more piece of information that helps us duplicate a problem (faster). In this case the video made the problem that much easier to see/understand and thus fix. We were happy to have it.
                  -Glenn
                  On the subject of trying to duplicate the problem brought to WILCOX's attention. Many times I have reported a problem to the AE's and the answer I get from them is "I can't duplicat this offline". Well of course not, everything is more than likely to come perfect when run "offline". Not a complaint just an issue I have come up against many, many times.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hello

I downloaded 4.2 on thursday June 7th do i have the updates or should i download again

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mdhill View Post
                      Hello

I downloaded 4.2 on thursday June 7th do i have the updates or should i download again

Thanks
                      I believe, if you look at the dates, you will find that the actual V42 release directories are still the same. But, for the people that need the fixes mentioned above, you need to use the link provided above patched 4.2 release. So, yes, if you're having the problems mentioned above, and you downloaded using the normal procedures, I'd recommend redownloading using the link above. -Glenn

Comment

Thanks Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Russell View Post
                          All-

Go here to get the updated version. Note: The smaller, single-language versions in the subdirectory have not been updated.

Best Regards,
                          Glenn

[Edit] Hey! I finally lost my "junior" member status! :-)
                          the above link does not appear to work
                          Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                          sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                          Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post
                            Worked for me. I'm running that build date right now.
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post
                              I just tried it again, and it appeared to work for me. Thanks, -Glenn

Comment