Error: Waiting for in position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Waiting for in position

Can't run DCC, get error message "waiting for in position". Anyone familiar with this? Seems to happen more often when machine has been shutdown for a while then restarted.

what brand?

What make and model of machine is this?

This generally means that the commanded position has not been reached, so it keeps waiting, but the controller is not accurate enough to move it any more. Its a catch-22.

Nudge the machine with your finger to see if it helps it along. It might mean the the electronics require some tuning or adjustment. . .

Comment

It's a B&S 9-12-9 with a sharp32 controller. I can usually get it going by shutting it down and restarting it a few times, but there is obviously a problem with the machine. Thanks for your response!

Comment

I have the same issue

Every hit in "Z" that the machine takes on DCC mode not only PC Dmis will display "waiting for in position" and stops, but also the probe wouldn't back up (retract).
        Can anyone advise please?

thank you

gaston

Comment

Originally posted by GASTY77 View Post
          Every hit in "Z" that the machine takes on DCC mode not only PC Dmis will display "waiting for in position" and stops, but also the probe wouldn't back up (retract).
          Can anyone advise please?

thank you

gaston
          call service... you're welcome.

Comment

You MAY have a wrap bad in the drive motor. I just started getting this error, it's a Z axis issue for me, all I have to do is RUB MY FINGER on the drive rod while hitting "continue" and it takes right off.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
              You MAY have a wrap bad in the drive motor. I just started getting this error, it's a Z axis issue for me, all I have to do is RUB MY FINGER on the drive rod while hitting "continue" and it takes right off.
              Anyone else get half a chub reading that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhoe View Post
                Anyone else get half a chub reading that?
                Yep.... and your comment made it full
                When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                sigpic

Comment

Darin, Gasty and Matt,

Has this been going on for sometime or is it something new?

Never mind I see it is a older post.

Comment

Darrin and Gasty, what was your solution?

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Hi All
                      I realise this is an old thread, but i'm wondering if a solution was found for the 'waiting for in position' error.
                      I'm having the same problem with a Tesa XCEL 765 that's about twenty years old.
                      Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian

Comment

Well - having disconnected the Z axis drive I found that the drive elements themselves were all very clean and free moving. However, I could hardly move the axis unit up and down by hand, so I adjusted some of the air bearings and it has been working fine since. I wasn't very scientific about my adjustments so I have to run some verification programs to see how it looks.

Brian

Comment