metric mix up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metric mix up

I noticed that in the edit window in PCDMIS 4.1 every number is in mm. I have yet to figure how to change it to inches so every location i create defaults to metric causing me to change to inches. I noticed an interesting issue though. In my location set to inches its randomly displaying my form in metric units it seems. This can definetly cause some problems as my reports are reviewed if i dont catch it.
    Attached Files

There is no direct way to toggle your program from mm to inches. I believe there is a script on the hexagon website that will do it.

From now on do this... When you create a new program it pops a window and asks for a program name. Also in that window is the option to create the program in inches or mm. Yours must be checked to mm. Change it to inches once and I believe it will stay in inches. The techs like to change it to mm when they calibrate.

Comment

Good advice.. ill definetly do that. Is this a common bug with 4.1? Thinking back now i have also had some crazy roundness issues running 3.7 as well and wonder if it was having a similar issue. Although it was all in inches.

Comment

inches or mm is not a "bug"

it is your choice on what you need

if your print is in mm, it is easier to program with it in mm to start with...
        same with inches

when doing your tolerances, you can toggle from one to the other.....sometimes prints have mixed dimensions...but rarely
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Check out the pic in my first post. Its mixing inches and mm in the same dimentional location in the report. Inches for diameter and mm for roundness.

Comment

Strange....
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by jacyEd View Post
              Check out the pic in my first post. Its mixing inches and mm in the same dimentional location in the report. Inches for diameter and mm for roundness.
              Maybe you haven't read through a lot of the posts on the forum. Most people are not using 4.1 they are either staying at 3.7mr3 or using 4.2. Many problems with 4.0 and 4.1. I have been using 4.2 for many months now and see few errors/bugs.
              Last edited by JamesMannes; 06-13-2007, 09:22 AM.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                Maybe you haven't read through a lot of the posts on the forum. Most people are not using 4.1 they are either staying at 3.7mr3 using 4.2. Many problems with 4.0 and 4.1. I have been using 4.2 for many months now and see few errors/bugs.
                I'll have to agree with that. I quit using 4.1 and went back to 3.7mr3. I was debating upgrading to 4.2 but after doing a poll on here a few weeks ago I decided not to...
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

The IN/MM switch at start up will also control the format of any CAD files you need to load in 3.7 Mr3. I've heard that 4.2 will load either IN or MM CAD and allow you to convert, but I'm only using 3.7 Mr3 so I can't say for certian.

Bill

Comment