Probe travels too far into hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe travels too far into hole

Bear with me, my tech quit and I'm left hanging. My two days instruction ten years ago has expired from dis-use.

I've created a plane and am now attempting to measure a boss ID .5 below this z zero plane. I have typed in the coordinates, diameter, depth for probe to measure etc.
    The probe moves to the center of the hole and then bottoms out.
    I just need to shorten the travel of the probe as it finds the hole.

So many things could be wrong with that. What units? Post your code and we can help.
    sigpicYou're just jealous the voices talk to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
      Bear with me, my tech quit and I'm left hanging. My two days instruction ten years ago has expired from dis-use.

I've created a plane and am now attempting to measure a boss ID .5 below this z zero plane. I have typed in the coordinates, diameter, depth for probe to measure etc.
      The probe moves to the center of the hole and then bottoms out.
      I just need to shorten the travel of the probe as it finds the hole.
      What DB said, but also, where are you located? Someone mat want some extra $$$ and could visit you facility for a refresher.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

check my reply in your other thread of the same issue
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

It could a parameter setting such as "check distance". What this does is allow probe to go in the hole a set amount(if using "find hole"). It could be that you have it set too high and it is bottoming out at the bottom of the hole?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            It could a parameter setting such as "check distance". What this does is allow probe to go in the hole a set amount(if using "find hole"). It could be that you have it set too high and it is bottoming out at the bottom of the hole?
            I posted similar but with more explanation in your other thread.

Comment