Star Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Calibration

I think that I might be sol here....... Because my head is rotated at a90 b0 my calibration runs fine, except for some bad deviations....Thinking about my problem a bit more and watching the cal routine run...I think that I need to have a 6 way probe....

Can I adjust the routine so that it only uses a protion of the sphere so that this is not an issue??
    sigpic
    "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Yes, you will have to play with the start and stop angles in the user defined calibration area, and you may have to calibrate each tip individually, but you should be able to do it. But you will also need to think about and be sure that the the points you will be measuring on the part do not need a six way probe.
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

The 6way tp20 module will not help with the star probe. You may need a ball that has the stem facing a different direction.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Star calibration

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
        I think that I might be sol here....... Because my head is rotated at a90 b0 my calibration runs fine, except for some bad deviations....Thinking about my problem a bit more and watching the cal routine run...I think that I need to have a 6 way probe....

Can I adjust the routine so that it only uses a protion of the sphere so that this is not an issue??
        Not certain if this will apply in your situation, but what I have found to work with star probes at horizontal orientation (a=90) is to rotate the shank of the qual-sphere so that it is pointed toward the horizontal shank which holds the star cluster. in this way the qual-sphere remains between the star cluster and the shank.

And the required start angle will depend on the length of your probes. It can be adjusted in the probe utiities/measure/calibration mode/user defined window

I hope this helps, but I had to make some adjustment to the routine with star probe of this sort in the past. Pardon thetardiness of my input, but I do not get to visit here as often as I need.

Ron

Comment

you might try adjusting the move and touch speeds slow it down
          and try calibrating with dcc/dcc this will help with your errors
          i run star probes all the time this helps my calibration pass.

Comment

You will be better off to re-orient the qual sphere. Juggling the angles on the sphere is going to leave you with using basically a quadrasphere to calibrate with for A90 angles. Even then, tip#5 is going to be a problem because tip #1 will hit the shank depending on its length and that will narrow your section of the sphere down really low. You can always calibrate particularly difficult tips manually.
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment