How can this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can this be?

How can this be? Measuring a cylinder and dimensioning for a radius 1.18 +/-.030
    result is 1.180 zero dev. out of tolerance .030. I am confused. See report. Part is not on the table yet just started to program with igs model , using 4.1.
    Last edited by BANDY; 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM.
    Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
    sigpic

Can you post the code? Might be your tolerancing. I have inadvertantly typed in a minus for the mius tol. Gives funky readings then.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

I have pasted the code from the edit window just under the report. As you see it shows +.030 and -.030 . If I change the the "- tol " value to .060 for example then the outtol will change to .060 too. Something I must have change in the preferences...
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, that would be my bet. Enter the ABSOLUTE value of the negative toelrance, Pcdmis assumes it is a negative value. So, if you enter in a negative value, you get a doubel negative, which IS a positive value.
        This is to allow you to bracket your tolerance band all on one side of nominal. For example, a hole with a nominal size of 10mm, but the size tolerance is +0.05/+0.10, so you would enter in a NEGATIVE 0.05 for the negative tolerance amount, thus giving the lower limit of +0.05.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yeah I got it now. In the feature location dialog box I had to enter -.030 where its asking for the minus tolerance. don't make sense since its asking for a MINUS tolerance. why would I need to type the minus symbol , but whatever. its works now. Thank you for the help.
          sigpic

Comment

Check the F5 setup, under the DIMENSIONS tab, see if MINUS TOLS SHOW NEGATIVE is marked.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yes, that what I have changed...DUH!
              sigpic

Comment

Would be interesting to see when editing the tolerances in the command mode edit window instead of the F9 way if it changes also.
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment