Feature Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Colors

How do I change the color of the features in the CAD window. The points are at nominal. There is no deviation. Two are green and two are red. I have both surface and vector points on this part. There seems to be no reason for the colors. What am I missing?(PC-DMIS related only)
    Last edited by inspector212; 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Hmmmmm, very tempting to ignore this post. But that would be almost as childish as the attitude that inspires the impulse, soooooo...

Take a look here and change the colors for the features instead of the entire model.

I would have thought with over a hundred posts you would know how to do this!
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

To change the colors of the MEASURED features.....

HIT F5
      Go to ID setup
      Use top drop-down to select features
      Use second drop-down to select method
      Use third drop-down ONLY for BY TYPE method
      Mark the COLOR box and select the color you want

This is for UN-DIMENSIONED features. Changing the colors of dimensioned features is different.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        To change the colors of the MEASURED features.....

HIT F5
        Go to ID setup
        Use top drop-down to select features
        Use second drop-down to select method
        Use third drop-down ONLY for BY TYPE method
        Mark the COLOR box and select the color you want

This is for UN-DIMENSIONED features. Changing the colors of dimensioned features is different.
        Thanks Matt, this answer was in line with what I was looking for. I did what you said. F5 and such, changed all features to black, but when I create a new surface point, it comes in green. So, I am thinking dimension colors.

The program I'm looking at was run online already. I ran it offline so everthing zero'd out nominally. Could these colors be a carry over from the pass/fail status of the feature from the previous run?
        sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post
          Thanks Matt, this answer was in line with what I was looking for. I did what you said. F5 and such, changed all features to black, but when I create a new surface point, it comes in green. So, I am thinking dimension colors.

The program I'm looking at was run online already. I ran it offline so everthing zero'd out nominally. Could these colors be a carry over from the pass/fail status of the feature from the previous run?
          What you need to do (V3.7 MR3) when doign that is:

1) Save the program AFTER the offline run (or SHOW PATH LINES)
          2) Close the program
          3) Open the program
          4) Go to the FIRST dimension in the program, RE-TYPE in the Feature ID
          5) Save the program
          6) Close the program
          7) Open the program

SHOW PATH LINES will put all the points BACK to nominal (actually, back to the TARGET values for the feature) and can be done ONLINE or OFFLINE, but it will NOT update the dimensions, UNLESS you re-type in the feature ID for the first dimension. If you re-type in the feature ID on the second dimension, then all the dimensions FROM THAT POINT ON will 'correct' themselves to the current 'actuals', but any that are 'above' it will not.

As for running it in offline mode, it SHOULD set everything back to 'zero', both the features and the dimensions. HOWEVER, if someone has changed a TARGET value for a feature, say a hole is off location far enough for the program to crash if measured at nominals, then the actuals and the dimensions will be at those target values.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

What if you execute block from summary mode after show path lines? Make a block of dimensions. Could take a while with a bunch of dims though.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Asked Tech support and they said that the "Features Use Dimension Colors" check box under the Dimension tab in the SetUp Options box is the blame. I checked it "ON" then and then check it "OFF". This fixes the problem. It was something goofy with V4.2.
              Last edited by inspector212; 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM.
              sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment