Report Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Templates

Alright, I edited the PPAP report template to change the color to a more readable shade of blue, but only half of the boxes actually changed color in the report. When I open up template to edit it all the boxes are the newer shade, but when I actually use the report, half don't change to the new color.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I kinda miss v3.7 report mode. I use v4.1 now. My guess is that you have to run a part to update the dimensions to change the color. If this don't work, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you are color blind. Have a woman come and look at it for ya
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

How do you change the Logo "Wilcox"in the Edit window in V4.1 ?

Comment

I believe it's the same way as 3.7. Editing the logo.dat file.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thecoot View Post
          How do you change the Logo "Wilcox"in the Edit window in V4.1 ?
          If it is the same as 3.7...

Go to the folder where pcdmis is stored. Place a bmp image that you want as the logo in the folder. Find the dat file named "logo". Open it with wordpad. Change the path to point to the desired logo. Save and close and you're done!

Comment

Thx all

Comment

Ok but do you know how to change the pc dmis logo from the report header?
              I try to edit it but it doesn't change it.
              Pc-Dmis 4.2, Zeiss Eclipse
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BANDY View Post
                It should be the same method.

Comment

Originally posted by BANDY View Post
                  To edit the "Label Template" for the report select "File - Reporting - Edit - Label Template", and select FILE_HEADER.LBL

Save this with a new name. Even when I tried to edit and save the original file it seemed to do it, even asking if I wanted to overwrite the original. The file never kept the changes, and the file date never changed either.

To edit the new file double click on it to go into editing mode then right click on the pc-dmis logo to open the "Grid Properties" window. It should open in the "Cell" tab. Near the top it says "Cell Type", and "Image" is displayed next to it. Click the "Select..." button next to that and choose your image from your hard drive. Save when finished, then select "File - Close" to get out of the edit window.

Repeat the "File - Reporting - Edit - Label Template", sequence and right click on FILE_HEADER.LBL. Rename this file to preserve the original label (FILE_HEADER_2.LBL)

Now rename your new file FILE_HEADER.LBL

I have been able to do additional edits on the new file, now named FILE_HEADER.LBL and just save it with no additional steps.

Added 6-21-07:
                  The reason the FILE_HEADER.LBL didn't save the changes in the first place is because all of the .LBL files are "Read Only". This is a Windows attribute that can be changed, but keep a backup of the original file anyway.

In PC-DMIS 4.x look in the Help Files under "Reporting" then "Modifying Report Headers".
                  Last edited by rickfngp; 06-21-2007, 04:14 PM. Reason: more information found
                  sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
                  PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Comment