Display Comment for 5 Sec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Comment for 5 Sec.

I'm working on a nifty little bit of code that will aid the operator in aligning the part 'square' to the machine axes. It prompts them to measure a plane. Then with if/end if statements it compares the plane's vector to a number and prompts the operator with an operator comment to either rotate the part clockwise or counterclockwise and try again.

Right now if it isn't 'square' it pops up the comment directing the operator to rotate appropriately. The operator then has to click 'ok' or press 'done'. It then cycles to the plane again with a goto command.

I want to eliminate the need for the operator to press 'done' or click 'ok'. I would like for the comment to display for something like 5 seconds and then move on to the goto command and thus cycle back to the manual plane.

Is this possible?

How about a readout comment instead of a operator comment?
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

Comment

I dont think there are any timer functions in PCDMIS.

You could possibly use the Systime() function though but it would be messy I think a better method would be to make a macro within VBA for your timer, and then just reference the VBA macro when you want the timed msgbox to appear.

I'll whip something up quick and post it.
      Mr. Comment
      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
      sigpic

Comment

I am sure you can use a basic script to help you out in this matter. PM Craiger, he's pretty good in basic scripting. I'll see if i can get one working and post back.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
          I want to eliminate the need for the operator to press 'done' or click 'ok'. I would like for the comment to display for something like 5 seconds and then move on to the goto command and thus cycle back to the manual plane.

Is this possible?
          Yes, I have this msgbox app that will do just that.
          It will display picture, text, different colors, buttons, "delay to close"

Download the program and save it in your pcdmis programs folder(or where every you want to)

Download

Rename the extension from .txt to .exe

Run it once with a ? on the line with it and it will display the usage of the message box
          Usage to get help.
          picmsg.exe ?

Usage to display "Program is complete" and then close after 15 seconds.
          picmsg.exe |T Program is complete |S 15

Same example used in PCDMIS:
          Code:
                      EXTERNALCOMMAND/NO_DISPLAY, WAIT ; C:\VB PROJECTS\PICTMSG\PICMSG.EXE |T Program is complete |S 15
          Last edited by cmmguy; 06-06-2007, 11:59 PM.
          Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
            Yes, I have this msgbox app that will do just that.
            It will display picture, text, different colors, buttons, "delay to close"

Download the program and save it in your pcdmis programs folder(or where every you want to)

Download

Rename the extension from .txt to .exe

Run it once with a ? on the line with it and it will display the usage of the message box
            Usage to get help.
            picmsg.exe ?

Usage to display "Program is complete" and then close after 15 seconds.
            picmsg.exe |T Program is complete |S 15

Same example used in PCDMIS:
            Code:
                        EXTERNALCOMMAND/NO_DISPLAY, WAIT ; C:\VB PROJECTS\PICTMSG\PICMSG.EXE |T Program is complete |S 15
            Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

CMMGUY
              Thanks looks good. I can see some mess with ya messages on the way...lol
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Ok, I tried the link and it locks my computer. Did anyone else have sucess with it?

Comment

Nope worked fine for me
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                    Nope worked fine for me
                    Here is a snippet of what I get when I click the link.

MZÿÿ¸@Ⱥ´ Í!¸LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $[¹yÚ؉؉؉œÄ‰Ø‰Pú‰Ø‰û‰Ø‰Rich؉PEL “ggFà ð0ð@0܏äë( ð 8 D.text˜áð `.data¤@À.rsrcð @@|¡9MSVBVM60.DLLžJfl£f[fÎJfnˆfžf Sf¢ÚfsfÁSfƒfÆefHZf$Sf«c fÞJfuSf¤ef)DfàAf Tf•Df Uf)«fÿ…fïfÔ¤fÜGf²fW¥f¬CfÒbfWÓfø³fFS fGfΫfÛHfX²fåDfýZfwâfy¥f X fXMfKŽfŽ_ fT_fWfÁTfgfÊZf¢f¤f‚ fWf–VfŒÂfATfAUfóCfg)f*G***f°Nf"Þf³fÊ fuNf*f¦¢f[Ffr‚fbf*¦f¼f*fÔOfûFf±Ç f%XyN_yN`@ÕwNÜwNxNyN#yN5yNDyNQyNüyN7ºNeºN 'ºNp@¨@puzN|zNŒzNzN°zNÃzNúzN {N {N;{NS{Nd{Ns{N¦|N¹|NÅ|NÅ|Në|N7}N™}N*~N»~Na€N‚Nc‚N ë‚NsƒNõƒN„NŠ„N…N‡NþˆN‰‰NŠNŒN¥ŒN0NÁNÁN»‘NÑ‘ NÖ‘NÖ‘N"’N„’N¥’N“N•“Nš“Nü“N”N•NÄ–Nj˜Ny˜N,›N,›N; ›N;›NQ›Nb›N~›NŸ›N5œN[œNôœNN³NٝNržN˜žN1ŸNWŸNðŸN N¯ NÕ Nn¡Nn¡Nù¡NT¢N¢N¤N^¤N¥N˜¥N±¥N9¦NÁ¦NC§NZ§N_§Nf¨Nm ©Nm©N~©NªNŽªNˆ¬Nw®N5¯Nù¯N,²Nê²N¨³Nl´NŸ¶N̸N̸N?¹N ºN,›N [email protected]¦»N™¼N ¼N Á½N¿N`¿NÆNuÆN&éÕN±ÕNè@3NÇNUÇNeÇNvÇN…ÇNÛÈN õÈNÉN&ÉN&ÉN|ÊNšÊNËN*ËN¡ËN¶ËNÉËNÉËNoÌNoÌNÌNÌNÕÍ NïÍNIÎNYÎNYÎN¯ÏNÉÏNíÏNÐNÐNÐNÐNtÑNŽÑN¤ÑN´ÑN´ÑN ÓN$ÓN=ÓNMÓNMÓN£ÔNÁÔNâÔNˆÕN˜ÕN˜ÕN©ÕN@$ÝNÞN$ÞN -ßNœßN™ëN ëNÿ%x@ÿ%°@ÿ%È@ÿ%P@ÿ%@@ÿ%è@ÿ%$@ÿ%@ÿ%X@ÿ%ü @ÿ%ì@ÿ%Ä@ÿ% @ÿ%À@ÿ%0@ÿ%@ÿ%@ÿ%@ÿ%0@ÿ%Ô@ÿ%h@ÿ%¨@ÿ%( @ÿ%$@ÿ%˜@ÿ%Ø@ÿ%@ÿ%,@ÿ%D@ÿ%8@ÿ%ô@ÿ%`@ÿ%( @ÿ% @ÿ%Ð@ÿ%Ì@ÿ% @ÿ% @ÿ%´@ÿ%@ÿ%Œ@ÿ%,@ÿ%L@ÿ%T@ÿ%ˆ@ÿ%8@ÿ% @ÿ%ð@ÿ%@ÿ%H@ÿ%|@ÿ%¼@ÿ%4@ÿ%ø@ÿ%<@ÿ%ä@ÿ%4 @ÿ%@ÿ%Ü@ÿ%@ÿ%à@ÿ%@ÿ%d@ÿ%<@ÿ%@ÿ%„@ÿ%t @ÿ%@ÿ%\@ÿ%œ@ÿ%@ÿ%l@ÿ%”@ÿ%p@ÿ%¸@ÿ%@ÿ%¬ @ÿ%€@ÿ%¤@ÿ%@hL*Nèðÿÿÿ[email protected]ÜE—˜DÉ¡N©·Ãÿz(8 =Project1FFFF&

Comment

I can email it to you
                      sigpic

Comment

Right clcik > save target as > save it > rename extension from .txt to .exe
                        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Thanks Craig, sometimes I'm not so bright. Like when I don't realize I've hit the scroll lock key!

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                            Right clcik > save target as > save it > rename extension from .txt to .exe
                            Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            Thanks Craig, sometimes I'm not so bright. Like when I don't realize I've hit the scroll lock key!
                            Thank God you don't need scroll lock for this one!
                            When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats a pretty slick tool.
                              Mr. Comment
                              SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                              B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                              PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                              sigpic

Comment