Equator with pcdmis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equator with pcdmis

I see Hexagon is now putting pcdmis on the Equator's has anyone used this?

I’ve inquired about it from my sale rep but haven’t heard anything. Seriously interested in it.

Comment

try him again, I just heard from my guy and it's true very new but available.

Comment

thats t!t

i would definitely want to program that

Comment

so, who caved or is this a case of h a c k ing?
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok, now give me Revo in PC-DMIS!
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o22.1 SP2

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
              How about a tape measure with PC DMIS? Best we can do...

Comment

Wow, I'm really surprised to see that, but here it is on Hexagon's website: https://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US/abou...nishaw-equator

I'm quite curious how much a license will cost.

Comment

• Liambo734
                  Liambo734 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does it have an error map or still just used as a gauging / Comparison system with PCDMIS? I seen that it could be used with Verisurf as a proper CMM, as they had applied an error map to the system. Maybe someone from Hex can answer? Its very interesting if it can be used like a regular CMM.

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
                Yes! This^^^

The PH20 might be cool too.

Comment

On the other site, it was said to work with polyworks too.

Comment

I'd be game for the equator now!

Comment

Still speculating here, it looks like it still works as a comparator so you still need a master part. Pcdmis will create a .cal file on a real CMM to compare to. Beauty of it is that u can copy over your proven CMM to the equator, change your probes in the program, and run. Speed of the Equator with the power of PCdmis.

Comment

Originally posted by Liambo734 View Post
                        Does it have an error map or still just used as a gauging / Comparison system with PCDMIS? I seen that it could be used with Verisurf as a proper CMM, as they had applied an error map to the system. Maybe someone from Hex can answer? Its very interesting if it can be used like a regular CMM
                        That would be very cool.

I took a week long course at Renishaw to learn how to program the Equator, back when it was a newfangled thing. The instructor shared with us that the tech originally came from the company's dental implant machining products. I get the impression that the plan was originally to apply an error map and use it as a straight up CMM, but it just didn't meet their accuracy expectations. The machine is pretty accurate on it's own, but not what we normally expect from a CMM, especially with changes in temperature. So, they came up with the whole flexible gauge comparator idea.

I wonder how Verisurf manages to error map it? Then again, the Equator has been around over a decade. There have probably been a lot of improvements that make it more possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cris_C View Post

That would be very cool.

I took a week long course at Renishaw to learn how to program the Equator, back when it was a newfangled thing. The instructor shared with us that the tech originally came from the company's dental implant machining products. I get the impression that the plan was originally to apply an error map and use it as a straight up CMM, but it just didn't meet their accuracy expectations. The machine is pretty accurate on it's own, but not what we normally expect from a CMM, especially with changes in temperature. So, they came up with the whole flexible gauge comparator idea.

I wonder how Verisurf manages to error map it? Then again, the Equator has been around over a decade. There have probably been a lot of improvements that make it more possible.
                          CMM Master - 3D Metrology Software, Training and CMMs (verisurf.com)
                          3.7mr3CAD++ / 2011mr1CAD++/2012mr1CAD++/QUINDOS7

Comment

Thanks for the link. I was having a hard time searching for information about that. I didn't realize they were re-branding it as "CMM Master". It's cool that they are taking an Equator and customizing it to be accurate on it's own using their software, but that name is just waaaay too grandiose for what it is

Comment