CMM issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMM issue

Just curious if anybody has ever had their CMM not registering a point? We run a Global Image 9128 with a PH10MQ and TP20 module with PCDMIS 2019R2 software. The machine starts, connects, homes but will not register a point. We have ruled out the TP20 module, converter, PH10MQ, controller box, and any cable associated with a hookup. We have checked any wires for pinch points or chafing and found none. Thanks in advance for any info or experience you might have had with this symptom.

on the jogbox, is the probe enabled?

Comment

Yes, sorry. Jogbox eliminated also. Swapped out jogbox, probe head, controller, TP20 and converter.

Comment

Have you swapped out the probe module?
        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

I'd do this:

-Turn everything off. CMM & controller & everything
          -Turn on CMM. DOuble check that air-pressure (if applicable) is good
          -Home CMM
          -Unscrew TP20 module from head, clean it with putty, screw it back in (don't over tighten...just finger tight + a little extra "umph" at the end)
          -Put a TP20 on there with a common use probe tip...ensure probe is enabled on jogbox...is the red light on CMM's head solid? When you gently touch the probe tip by hand, does it auditorily beep & does the red light blink?

Comment

Thanks dwade, Yes we have swapped modules. No help.

Comment

Thanks DAN_M, Tried all you suggested. Same result, the TP20 does not trigger with the audible beep and red light does not blink. Red light stays on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Maholic View Post
                Thanks DAN_M, Tried all you suggested. Same result, the TP20 does not trigger with the audible beep and red light does not blink. Red light stays on.
                Sounds like your TP20 Module (the actual part that screws into your wrist) is roached out

You can get one from Hexagon's Parts Dept and replace yourself. If it works theres your issue if not return it & call for service (as you have a larger problem)

Comment

We had a brand new one to swap out and try to eliminate that. So frustrating because it has everyone baffled.

Comment

Well I am baffled too

Sounds like you're gonna have to get a Technician over there

Comment

Thanks what we are afraid of but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone else had this happen to them. So far...its just me...of course. Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

Comment

Make sure that there are no magnets or anything that is magnetized. Magnetic fields will cause TP20's to not register hits.

Comment

• Chris Maholic
                          Chris Maholic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, good point. I did know this and made sure. Thanks

Not sure what controller you have on your CMM but has FLYMODE been accidentally turned on? Some controllers won't support it and the probe will fail to register a hit. Been burnt n learnt on that one.
                        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

• Chris Maholic
                          Chris Maholic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Original was PHC-2, we got a PHC-3. Checked with flymode on and off and didn't make a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

What about the TP20 body? Do you have a spare to test with?

Comment

• Chris Maholic
                          Chris Maholic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yes, we swapped out the body and TP20 module with a new one. No difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Update to all that offered help: It is the control module for the machine. Thanks to all who commented.

Comment