Automatic dimension output to BASIC .txt (Generic) file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic dimension output to BASIC .txt (Generic) file

I'm trying to export dimension / measurement data from programs into a text file automatically.

Currently I wait for the program to finish, and then go to file > export > BASIC > GENERIC (.txt) > Dimensions

It creates a file that looks like this (attached).

I need the files output in this format.

Is there a way to automate this step?

I have a simple java program that reads these text files and compiles / summarizes the data for each dimension.

All I want to do is get rid of the manual exporting step to make it easier for my coworkers, and anyone who is unfamiliar.

I've been reading through the PC-DMIS help documentation on File I/O, but it seems like this is for exporting specific information and single lines or blocks of text and variables.

I can't seem to figure out how to output the whole report using this command.

Any help is appreciated.

also,
    Im running PC-DMIS 2012.

Attached Files

I'm not sure if that is possible without some high level code-monkey work. The FILE ~ EXPORT ~ GENERIC isn't something that has built-in automation as far as I know. If you use LEGACY reporting, I think you could get an RTF file to look like that, but I am not sure. RTF files also include 'yucky' RTF coding for text color, spacing, etc.

What about the use of Excel?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

stats output using the DES option will give you a tab - separated file that can be opened by excel, the file has an extension of *.MEA.
      Global Image 777 PC-DMIS 2012 MR2
      PH10MQ TP20 / TP200 / SP600
      Global S Chrome 9128 PC-DMIS 2019R2 Gear 2.7
      HH-AS8-T2.5 / HP-S-X1H

Comment

My export to csv script can be found here...

Applications Engineer
        Hexagon UK

Comment

I simply use the PC2XL in the Wizards menus and change the output from XL to CSV or I use this CSV script which basically does the same thing
          Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
          Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Hi all,

How can I export a file with measurement data into a text file automatically that is like the attached file?

Thanks in advance
            Attached Files

Comment

good day,

Custom output only works with a basic script,
              otherwise you have to use the CSV / EXCEL variant that has already been discussed here.

... the output of the csv script mentioned can perhaps be adjusted a bit

Comment

You can push anything to CSV using file/open file/writeline(s) and file/close
                none of which requires a script

Comment

I write everything to a CSV as louis states above utilizing WRITELINES, which can be imported into our ERP system.

Comment