Clearance Plane on Iterative Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance Plane on Iterative Alignment

How do you put in a clearance plane within the program so that when a Iterative Alignment is done and the operator has taken a point way off, that it won't crash on the "Remeasure"?

Tia

Originally posted by thecoot View Post
    How do you put in a clearance plane within the program so that when a Iterative Alignment is done and the operator has taken a point way off, that it won't crash on the "Remeasure"?

Tia
    I don't know if this will help, but I generally use AUTOMOVE when I have to use an iterative alignment.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Works after the last point was taken then it goes to do the sample hits for the circle on the re-measure then it crashes again.

Comment

If you are talking about a manual iterative alignment then it prompts you to place the probe over the specified feature. If you are talking about a DCC iterative then you need to make sure the clearplane command is after the manual alignment, that way when PC DMIS goes back to remeasure features it picks up the command again. At least in 3.2 anyway.
        Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kmcmm View Post
          If you are talking about a manual iterative alignment then it prompts you to place the probe over the specified feature. If you are talking about a DCC iterative then you need to make sure the clearplane command is after the manual alignment, that way when PC DMIS goes back to remeasure features it picks up the command again. At least in 3.2 anyway.
          Good catch
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Good catch
            Thanks James
            Kevin

Comment

Like Matt said automove should sort it for you, I usually assign a label (label1)just before the first dcc iterative point then in the iterative alignment assign this the start label (label1). This should avoid any crashes when it remeasures
              sigpic
              To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment

Cool, thx all.I'll have a look at this, I'm running a program that was sent to me and the operator that was running some parts for me,wasn't taking the 3rd point used in the construction of the plane ,way off from where the program does.This was causing a crash (minor) and I'm looking at changing this program.

Thx again for the tips.

Comment