equating alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equating alignment

Just wanted to know if I am doing this right, created alignment using pins to locate center. Reset part on fixture. fixture moved.. used two other known holes on same axis created alignment. then used equate alignment to bring two together. Is this the right procedure. mid point checks ok. but first two pins check off set in y both in same direction .050. ? Nobody else here to bounce this one on thanks
    sigpic
    3.7 MR4

Originally posted by kass_b View Post
    Just wanted to know if I am doing this right, created alignment using pins to locate center. Reset part on fixture. fixture moved.. used two other known holes on same axis created alignment. then used equate alignment to bring two together. Is this the right procedure. mid point checks ok. but first two pins check off set in y both in same direction .050. ? Nobody else here to bounce this one on thanks
    Nope, not for a while has EQUATE worked like that. If you moved your fixture AFTER you aligned it, simply RUN the alignment portion of your program.

IF you need to use EQUATE, the features used for BOTH alignments MUST be the same feature, exactly. Not 'close', not 'almost', but the exact same features from the previous alignment.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I am unable to get to pins that create a center line. and a midpoint at center of 500 lb bracket. I Measured holes in previouse alingment used those holes to create new alignment used same plane. translated. would I evean need to use equate
      sigpic
      3.7 MR4

Comment