Touch speed linked to remote potetiometer?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch speed linked to remote potetiometer?!?

Who is the BRAINTRUST who thought it would be a good Idea to link the touch speed to the potetiometer on the handheld remote?

I have read hundreds of posts here that mention calibrating at the same speed you would measure and vice versa.

Is this yet another over sight by our fearless gurus at wilcox?

We have to other machines and when you slow them down the "move speed" is linked to the remote but the touch speed is a separate - constant value"

Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
    B&S Xcel
    PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Good point. Wilcox, are you listening?
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by MeGoetz View Post
      Who is the BRAINTRUST who thought it would be a good Idea to link the touch speed to the potetiometer on the handheld remote?

I have read hundreds of posts here that mention calibrating at the same speed you would measure and vice versa.

Is this yet another over sight by our fearless gurus at wilcox?

We have to other machines and when you slow them down the "move speed" is linked to the remote but the touch speed is a separate - constant value"

Let it all out. Don't hold back. Those poisonous emotions will destroy you if you bottle them up. BTW I wish this were my biggest complaint with the demon.
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
        Let it all out. Don't hold back. Those poisonous emotions will destroy you if you bottle them up. BTW I wish this were my biggest complaint with the demon.

yeah-yeah-yeah I hear you. But this has been like "TheLittlePieceOfPopcornStuckInABackToothWhileDriv ingHomeFromTheMovieTheaterOnABlindDate" for quite a while.
        Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
        B&S Xcel
        PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Comment

BUT, that little thingie on the joybox controls the controller, it is HARD WIRED to the controller to do just that, CONTROL. The software 'tells' the controller how fast to move and to touch. BUT, the joybox controlls the controller as well, and it does it by using allowing it to move at the percentage shown on the 'thingie'. Now, we ALL know that B&S/Wilcox do NOT build all the CMMs out there and they are all a little different. The software can NOT over-ride a hard-wired control situation. It is like putting a govenor on an engine. You can stomp down on the gas pedal all you want (software) but the machine (engine) can only go as fast as the govenor (hardware) will let it.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

What they really need is a switch to 'lock' the speed control on the jogbox. They could easily put in an on/off switch that would disconnect the speed control on the jogbox from the controller. Then, if they would password protect it for us all the operators wouldn't have a choice but to run at 100% on the jogbox.

P.S. I highly recommend that you do a little study on your machine and see how much changing the speeds/prehit/retract changes your results. Calibrate using the speeds/prehit/retract you would normally use. Then, write a little simple measurement and repeat it with different speeds (in program and on jogbox) and different prehit/retract. I found on mine that it really doesn't matter much.

Comment