p.c dimis 3.7 manual command mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p.c dimis 3.7 manual command mode

i just got dropped with little training into a pc dimis 3.7 up till now the only thing i have ever ran was manual command cmm,s! i know how to import some raw data and do perephial checks . however some of the items they are trying to do could be done faster with a manual command mode . i can acces the x/y/z screen but i cant find how to manually zero it . and the program is to complex for the limited training i received on this which was a total of 6 hours in one format only . im currently trying to find more training but the powers that be are keeping a tight fist on company purse strings .
    Last edited by SPIDER; 06-05-2007, 01:30 PM.

Not sure what you are trying to do. Can you create an alignment? That would set zero for you on the part. You also can put in a READPOINT. Then CREATE ORIGIN at that point. A READPOINT will create a point wherever you have the probehead is.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER View Post
      i just got dropped with little training into a pc dimis 3.7 up till now the only thing i have ever ran was manual command cmm,s! i know how to import some raw data and do perephial checks . however some of the items they are trying to do could be done faster with a manual command mode . i can acces the x/y/z screen but i cant find how to manually zero it . and the program is to complex for the limited training i received on this which was a total of 6 hours in one format only . im currently trying to find more training but the powers that be are keeping a tight fist on company purse strings .
      Command mode?? your kidding right....
      Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Sorry... that would be a NO.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Start drinking heavily NOW!

Say goodbye to whatever hair you have.

Use the F1 key a lot. (It will pull up the help files. They do not absolutely cover everything, but they are pretty good with a lot of stuff.)

Stay on this forum and don't be afraid to ask dumb questions.

You will have to learn to create an alignment, that will give you the zeros you want.

You NEED a week of pc-dmis class minimum and that is just to get introduced to most of the basic applications of the software. Not the advanced stuff. Not how to program your parts. Just an introduction to what the different features of the software do and how to use them.

You have my sympathy. Good Luck, and brother are you going to need it!!!
        sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Hey Spydee

where in the PCDMIS world are you located??
          maybe one of us is close enough to pay a visit .....
          Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
          sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
          Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

thanks to you both i have started in on now

im not totally out of it when it comes to cmm i just have not done any work on one in about 10 years now and this is a drastic change from what i have used before . i guess you could see that by the questions i asked. im on the verge of retireing now , they want me to start a new direction . wonder if i claim insanity i could retire even eariler ,i have a feeling that may not be far from the truth shortly . im getting to old for this LOL. i will keep asking dumb questions im shure that will possibly stretch your help out a bit but im glad i found this its already starting to help.

Comment

SPIDER,

Give me a day and I can provide you some documents that may help you along. I'm sort busy today, but tommorrow I can get them to you.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Are you realated to MSNBot or Yahoo! Slurp? Tell them I said hi.
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

You know I've never understood why a company will spend tens of thousands of dollars on a CMM and then expect someone with no training or experience to just "figger it out", but it happens everyday. Spider you aren't alone in the situation you're in. Keep on coming back and asking your questions, everyone here will help you as best they can. In the mean time nag, cry, complain, and jump up and down to get some basic training on the software.

Bill

Comment

thanks to all and i will be the proverbal nat im shure

Comment

............ wonder if i claim insanity i could retire even eariler ,............
                      Not if they've read this board, they'll think you are the perfect candidate! We will help best as we can. You just need to read between the wisecracks. And remember:

Beer
                      Beer
                      Beer

Whiskey
                      Whiskey
                      Whiskey

Root Beer
                      Root Beer
                      Root Beer
                      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                      sigpic

Comment

oops by the way i forgot im in Ft worth texas

Comment

oops by the way i forgot im in Ft worth texas
                          Another Texan.......Welcome
                          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Hello Spider,
                            I am just north of Houston. Be on the look out for one our more notorious and colorful members Paul/Paula Sarrach, who just relocated to the Dallas area.
                            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

i will do that !! im a musican and play all over dallas ft worth with varied artist and bands as a harmonica player . also I do fill work bass/ light percussion/flute /guitar my goal is to be outta this rat race and playing music by J#1 2008 but untill then they got me chained to this cmm and machine shop inspection . perhaps @ one time in the upcoming years ill be playing in your neck of the wood,s and yes spider is my name when i play , you can find some of my work @ www.myspace.com/spideeer my real name is Drew later folks and thanks for your concern,s on my behalf

Comment