Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Please Help! Help!

:Hello everyone this is my frist post so bear with me

I use 3.7 mr2 the problem that I am having a problem with. I have a known ring gage of 5.0005.I also have a known outside dia that is measuring .0008 big.I edit the tip to measure the outside corectly but in doing this i throw off the inside dia by .0006 to the small side.
    How can I compensate for the outside dia without throwing the inside dia off?

You shouldn't edit a tip to adjust for a measurement. There are a number of variables that affect measurement results. I would recalibrate the tip to the sphere and measure again.

Then, some other things to look at:

1) Are you running the part at the same touchspeed as your calibration?
    2) If you run the part multiple times, do you get consistent reading
    3) How do you know the sizes? What method were they verified with?
    4) How many hits are you using? This can affect your results.
    5) Are you using leastsquares, minsep, etc for measuring circles? The different alogorithms give different results. The help file actually has good definitions.

Look at those things and let us know where you are at.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by areiner View Post
      :Hello everyone this is my frist post so bear with me

I use 3.7 mr2 the problem that I am having a problem with. I have a known ring gage of 5.0005.I also have a known outside dia that is measuring .0008 big.I edit the tip to measure the outside corectly but in doing this i throw off the inside dia by .0006 to the small side.
      How can I compensate for the outside dia without throwing the inside dia off?
      Try using MAX_INSC for the inside and MIN_CIRCSC for the outside.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Thank you for the help

Comment

Let us know how this turns out.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment