• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tcp/ip comunication failed switch to rs-232

does any one know what this error means

I have to answer yes or no

thanks
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.3 MR1

Shut down your controller, computer, and CMM. Restart and you should be good to go. Ethernet connection was lost. This will re-establish the connection.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

More information

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
      Shut down your controller, computer, and CMM. Restart and you should be good to go. Ethernet connection was lost. This will re-establish the connection.
      James is correct, I wanted to add some information as this happens to me frequently. With the Leitz controllers you typically have a choice of serial communications (RS-232) or ethernet (TCP/IP). If you were just measuring features with a few hits each, you would likely never know the difference. If you start scanning with analog probes (SP600, SP25, etc.) you would see a difference in throughput. This is because the scans sends massive amounts of data from the controller back to the PC and TCP/IP can handle this much more easily.

In your configuration (Edit - Preferences - Machine Interface) there is a tab with a checkbox to indicate "Use TCP/IP" or something similar. If this is not checked, then it is using RS-232. For many programs it does not matter how this is set. When I typically get this problem is when I am using PC-DMIS and I get an error that appears to throw me completely out of the application. Re-starting PC-DMIS then gives me the error message. This is because the application did not completely shut down. A quick check of the task manager would reveal that the PCDLRN task is still running. If this is the problem, then re-boot is not necessary, you need only to kill the task and then re-start PC-DMIS. This is not the only time this problem occurs, but it is the most common for me.

Comment