Speaking of scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of scanning

This isn't about that, but did make me think to ask the group their opinion. My boss brought me a colorized picture of a part (we make automotive glass). This had different colors representing highs and lows of the measured part vs, cad. It came from Europe. I know you can scan and get something similar but I want to take a series of points from a grid and compare to the cad. I've heard of Rhino, Verisurf and Checkmate doing something like this. As far as I know I cannot get it directly from PCDMIS. Anyone have any suggestions as to what software can do this.
    Basically I want to take a lot of points with the CMM and read these into a software which will then compare them to the CAD data and give me a picture showing in colors the highs and lows, say blue for ok in spec, yellow for on the edge and red for out of spec. I know this can be done but I'm a little new to this type of output. I can get something similar from cad but it only checks the surface I tell it to and doesn't compare, plus you have to jump thru a lot of hoops to get there. I hope I made this clear enough to understand.
    Any suggestions? I already know how to drink beer and plan to consume mass quanities this weekend.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

We have a laser scanner and can produce such reports with Geomagic. That is all I can tell you. I don't use the software and haven't been trained on it. Matt Hoedeman might know something.

Comment

PCDMIS can already do what your asking.
      Mr. Comment
      SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
      B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
      PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
      sigpic

Comment

The report you are talking about was probally a points scan from Verisurf. You can emulate the same deal in 4.2 with an graphical analysis report. It won't be the same because you can only do 2-D analysis in Pc-Dmis, so you'll have to show slices.
        If you use a CAD report the points will show up but won't clip on the surface of the part, nor will they color to the devaition, the tails will just be big or small in respect to the deviation of the part surface.

So Don Ruggeri and friends:

Give us a point clip macro or add in.
        Give us a colored deviation representation on that point.

g
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
          PCDMIS can already do what your asking.
          How? Oh I forgot 3.7mr3.
          Say I take 1000 pts using a 50 mm grid on a large part. how do I get a colorized picture comparing to cad?
          When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment