Programing from CAD model

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Programing from CAD model

    What is the basic process for programing a feature from a CAD model?
    PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
    SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

  • #2
    Originally posted by David Courtney View Post
    What is the basic process for programing a feature from a CAD model?
    OMG, you need to take the basics course.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

    Comment


    • #3
      thank you!
      PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
      SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

      Comment


      • #4
        Go to this link it is at least a start...

        HERE

        Any further questions don't be afraid to ask, someone will help.


        Welcome to the forum!!!
        sigpic

        James Mannes

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by David Courtney View Post
          thank you!
          I'm sorry, I should have been nicer. That is a really big question. What is your level, years of knowledge with PC-DMIS. Have you worked with CAD before?

          Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
          Go to this link it is at least a start...

          HERE

          Any further questions don't be afraid to ask, someone will help.


          Welcome to the forum!!!

          Ditto
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

          Comment


          • #6
            Basic was the key word. I have been inspecting for a year, I learned the gage2000 CMM and the shop just recently got a Discovery II Sheffield with 4.1 pcdmis.
            PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
            SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

            Comment


            • #7
              You can only learn so much from this site. They need to send you to class.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

              Comment


              • #8
                Just Align the part like it is on your machine offline style.(picking points using the mouse on the screen)
                execute the short stuff up to the alignment(run the program you built)
                go DCC and program away. No need for CAD = PART.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok fine ill go take the class!!
                  PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
                  SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by David Courtney View Post
                    Ok fine ill go take the class!!
                    Did you look at the link I provided? That should at least get you going. If the comment about "taking the class" was a joke, sorry for reposting.
                    sigpic

                    James Mannes

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by David Courtney View Post
                      Ok fine ill go take the class!!
                      I don't think you absolutely have to go to class. You can always try to figure things out on your own. If you know how to program without cad, I don't think it is really that much different. You just take hits with your mouse instead of using the joystick. I won't be any more help b/c I don't ever program from cad even though I went to class about 2 years ago.

                      What I would do is pull a part and write a program for it online using learned and auto features. Run that program and get some dims for the part. Then, try to write another duplicate program using cad. Run the cad program and compare the results. That way you will have some confidence that it is doing what you thought it would.

                      Also, start with a nice simple part. Do you have the demo block that would have come with the machine? There should be cad files for it stored in the pc-dmis folder. I'd play around with that for a while before trying an actual part.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And like I said, any more questions we/I will help.
                        sigpic

                        James Mannes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ya the iterative alignment guide was helpful and self expanatory until the point when I was getting unexpected probe hits in DCC mode. I did not know what to do from there.

                          Since I won't be going to class right now or maybe never at all I will keep trying to figure it out, it just seems like a lot to learn.
                          Whenever I try using Auto plane the machine plots points way outside the area of the part. Is there a way to move those points so they hit the part? The other auto features seem to work.

                          Thank you guys for your help!!
                          PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
                          SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by David Courtney View Post
                            ya the iterative alignment guide was helpful and self expanatory until the point when I was getting unexpected probe hits in DCC mode. I did not know what to do from there.

                            Since I won't be going to class right now or maybe never at all I will keep trying to figure it out, it just seems like a lot to learn.
                            Whenever I try using Auto plane the machine plots points way outside the area of the part. Is there a way to move those points so they hit the part? The other auto features seem to work.

                            Thank you guys for your help!!

                            Yes you can grab the hits with your mouse, and drag them to the location you wish. This takes some practice and good hand eye co-ordination. Use the tutorials and the help file.

                            You need the class man. Your company needs to train you. The classes are usually every two weeks.



                            G
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              When I try dragging the hits points with my mouse the points do not move with the mouse. Am I in a wrong mode or something?

                              Apparently we will be getting some more training in house. time for note taking!!
                              PC-DMIS FOR CMM 4.1
                              SHEFFIELD DISCOVERY II

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X