Probe Rack Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Rack Question

I calibrated my TP20 probe rack and got it working wonderfully. I come back to work today, and it doesn't seem to be activated anymore. I change to a different tip while writing a program, and the machine does not go and get it from the rack. It puts the change in the code, but it's like the rack isn't there, until I re-calibrate it.

I shouldn't have to re-calibrate that thing everyday, right? Is there some setting I haven't set correctly?

The air is cut off nightly, but the machine stays on. I just do a machine start when I load dmis everyday and the machine works fine, until now with this probe rack issue. How can I get this thing working consistently everyday?

Aaron Fenner
    Quality Engineer
    PC-Dmis v4.3
    B & S Global Status 7.7.7
    6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Rack anamoly

You are correct. If you calibrate it once, it should be good after that, unless it is moved.

Do you have multiple versions of PC-DMIS? Do you have multiple installations of the same version?

The rack is configured within the folder where it is installed, primarily through the TOOLC.DAT file. If you have more than one folder, they don't know each other's existence. . . .

Comment

I did have v4.2 installed, but had some issues so I uninstalled it, but I haven't deleted the existing folders the installation used. Perhaps this is the problem. I'll delete the unused directory of v4.2 and see if that works....thx

Aaron Fenner
      Quality Engineer
      PC-Dmis v4.3
      B & S Global Status 7.7.7
      6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Comment

Go to EDIT --> PREFERENCES --> SET SEARCH PATH and click on PROBE DIRECTORY to see where it is looking for your TOOLCHANGER files...
        sigpic
        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment