Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Txt Creation in order to copy or move a txt file

Hello guys!

I am trying to make pcdmis move or copy a txt file between folders with the provided pcdmis commands File/copy File/move. I discovered that in order to have a file move to a new folder there has to be already a file there for pcdmis to replace or modify. No matter how much I tried, a new txt file was impossible to create.

Is there a way to move a txt file between folders or worst case to create a new txt in the defined folder to be used as a target for my txt file to replace it?

TLR, I want pc dmis to move/copy a txt file from 1 folder to another empty folder. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

PS: If possible keep it simple guys I am not an advanced user :P

Code:
    FILE/COPY,DIR1\Test.txt,DIR2\Test.txt,FAIL_IF_DEST_EXISTS
    The above code will copy "Test.txt" from directory "DIR1" to directory "DIR2". The file exists in "DIR1", but does not exist in "DIR2". I tested it and it works. Make sure that you are specifying the desired output file name.

Comment

As JacobCheverie said...
      An easy way to do it is, in the edit window :
      type "fi" + tab, it should write :
      FILE/OPEN/../READ
      Then F9 on this line, and choose "MOVE or "COPY" and select the file and the directory where to put the file.
      Execute the line, and it's done...

Comment

Thanks a lot for your answers! In fact I could not do it by just defining the destination folder I wanted, I had to also define in the destination path the name of the file I was copying otherwise it would not work... For example what did the trick for me for maybe other people having this problem to solve:

FILE/COPY,DIR1\Test.txt,DIR2\Test.txt,FAIL_IF_DEST_EXIS TS as JacobCheverie said worked although not including the \Test.txt after DIR2 did fail.

In any case I am happy we solved this problem of mine, thanks a lot guys!

Comment