4.2 scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 scanning

Just starting to use 4.2. The question I have is why do I have to select surfaces on the model in order to generate a linear open or closed scan? Was using 3.7mr3 and only had to select surfaces for perimeter scans. Am I missing something or is it necessary to select surfaces for all scanning in 4.2. Thanks in advance.

The scaning has changed a bit, the best is that you can use UV scan across multiple surfaces(finally).

G
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scanner View Post
      Just starting to use 4.2. The question I have is why do I have to select surfaces on the model in order to generate a linear open or closed scan? Was using 3.7mr3 and only had to select surfaces for perimeter scans. Am I missing something or is it necessary to select surfaces for all scanning in 4.2. Thanks in advance.
      My only guess is that it makes for a smoother, more sure footed scan? That is what I have seen so far. And what Cumofo said

On the topic of scanning. I had a problem today scanning in 4.2. I thought it might be 4.2, but after careful inspection of the problem it turned out that I had a small piece of dirt between the magnetic cap and the body of the probe.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment