How to change & save Graphic window & Edit window from Pc-Dmis to PDF file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change & save Graphic window & Edit window from Pc-Dmis to PDF file?

My customer wants to send them a CMM report by PDF file on both graphics & edit windows. Is there anyone know how to do this?

thanks,

There is a option under file print print graphic preview then do a print screen then you paste in your graphic in your pdf file. Or you can just do the same from your graghic screen in dmis just depends on how you want to do it,
    sigpicTHE TASK AHEAD OF YOU, IS NEVER AS GREAT AS THE POWER BEHIND YOU. I Fight for Freedom and Pray For Peace..

Comment

At the end of the program...

insert-->report command-->print command

hit F9

Choose print to file

choose pdf choose where you want it to go and whether it auto indexes the file name or prompts for one.

That takes care of the printed report. Now, for the graphics display window...

I know you can do it by...

file-->printing-->graphics window print setup.

EDIT - Apparently it doesn't give you the option to print the graphics display window to a file???

You can do the report that way too but I'd advise against it as if you turn it on there and then close the program and start a new one, it will be turned on for the new one automatically. Also, if you have it turned on for a program and open that program, save it and then close it; open an existing program where it is turned off, save it and close it, sometimes it will annoyingly turn it on for the second program. It will probably do that for the graphics display print as well but I don't know how to get that from a command in the program.

Comment

Another possible solution...the Operation | Graphics Display Window | Screen Capture To sub menu lets you take screen captures of the Graphics Display window and send them to a file or to the Windows clipboard. You could send the capture to a file, then insert the captured image into your Edit window as an external object and then print the Edit window as a PDF.
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

I have icons in a custom tool bar that preview/print the graphics screen to your choice of printer, just like you can the edit/report window. If you install the CUTE-PDF printer, that will get you what you need, without the Pcdmis PDF printer 'going away' as it seems to do to some people.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            I have icons in a custom tool bar that preview/print the graphics screen to your choice of printer, just like you can the edit/report window. If you install the CUTE-PDF printer, that will get you what you need, without the Pcdmis PDF printer 'going away' as it seems to do to some people.
            That cute PDF printer comes in handy!! Ranger turned me onto that. (NICE)
            sigpicRegards,
            Donald Henger
            B&S Micro Excel Pfx
            3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
            PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
            Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

TRY THIS Ctrl-Alt and PrintScreen buttons on your computer key bord that takes a snap shot go to your paint shop edit paste I know that takes a whole shot of your screen but that works

Comment