Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC DMIS Python w32 Dispatch

Hello,
    I'm working on a Python App using the win32com.client as API and the PC DMIS Object Library.
    The Dispatch works fine and i'm able to use some of the properties and methods the library gives.

But When I want to handle events i always get the same error :
    "This COM object can not automate the makepy process - please run makepy manually for this object"

Did anyone have the same problem ? I don't know how to implement Event handlers correctly for the PC DMIS APP on Python ( I keep getting the same error )
    The examples are given in c# and VB.NET and they seem to work fine. What about python ? Am i missing something ?

Sorry Mar One , I've never tried to use Python to automate PC-DMIS, and I don't think too many others on here have either. Maybe Kp61dude! would have some experience?

If you do get it to work, I would be interested in learning more about how you did it.

Comment

• Mar One
      Mar One commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll let you know if I succeed, I'm still researching but at the same time I'm learning c#. If i don't find what i need i'll make a c# app that handles events and calls my python script.

Originally posted by mbatten View Post
    Sorry Mar One , I've never tried to use Python to automate PC-DMIS, and I don't think too many others on here have either. Maybe Kp61dude! would have some experience?

If you do get it to work, I would be interested in learning more about how you did it.
    Thanks for the mention but, I am now just getting started with Python (after spending some time with C++) due to some ROS libs written in it and to be honest I have no interest in using it with Pc-Dmis (YET!!!!!). Someone on here was able to do something with Python flavor... maybe a quick Google search of the Pc-Dmis forum could turn something up for you.
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• Mar One
      Mar One commented
      Editing a comment
      My script works fine. I made a graphical user interface with tkinter and all.
      The communication with PCDMIS needs to be bi-directional my script can perform actions on pcdmis (switching visibility, opening, closing and executing PartPrograms ...)
      But PCDMIS can't call my app because PCDMIS communicates with events and the problem source is event handlers on python.
      Honestly i think I'll make a script in c# that handles those events and then calls my python app.

Just curious, check (in Task Manager) to make sure that your application is properly closing the PCDLRN.exe process.

https://github.com/josephvanpelt/PythonRunPcDmis

This github user has the bare bones of Python opening PC-DMIS. There's nothing in his script to properly close PC-DMIS and end the process.
    Last edited by JacobCheverie; 04-15-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Mar One
      Mar One commented
      Editing a comment
      Great note, I noticed this while working on my app. If you don't close the process correctly you get tons of errors. But unfortunately it's a different issue.