Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workpiece contact lost during CL scan

Hello,
    I got this error for the first time today. the CMM is automated, and it happened several time this morning, but not at each program execution.
    workpiece contact lost.PNG

Contact is lost when using basic scan center. (I need to wedge the probe at the the center of the groove which is located inside a cylinder)
    It usually works fine.

SCN1_AUTO_CENTRE_A=BASICSCAN/CENTER,NUMBER OF HITS=1,SHOW HITS=YES,SHOWALLPARAMS=YES
    <VAR_CENTRE_GORGE_A,0,-LOC1929A.R.MEAS+2>,<VAR_CENTRE_GORGE_A,0,-LOC1929A.R.MEAS>,CutVec=1,0,0,AXIS
    InitVec=0,0,1,IN,THICKNESS=0,AVOIDANCE MOVE=NO,DISTANCE=0
    FILTER/DISTANCE,1
    EXEC MODE=RELEARN
    BOUNDARY/
    HITTYPE/VECTOR
    NOMS MODE=MASTER
    HIT/VECTOR,<25.21,0,-7.658>,<0,0,1>,<25.21,0,-7.658>,T=0
    ENDSCAN

I'll update this thread if I can figure it out but any help would be great.
    Thank you

Attached Files

I've had a lot more trouble with center scans and newer controllers lately. Some of them I can fix by changing the center scans to autofeature vector points and using the center scan strategies. Others we just have to run on older machines. Same error your seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by BKulpa View Post
      I've had a lot more trouble with center scans and newer controllers lately. Some of them I can fix by changing the center scans to autofeature vector points and using the center scan strategies. Others we just have to run on older machines. Same error your seeing.
      I see, I thought it was part related. I hope it will work as expected on other parts.
      Thanks

Comment

Very interesting post from BKulpa !!!!!
        TheDudeAbides : don't forget that the auto center scan drives the center ball... Maybe changing the end point to "-LOC1929A.R.MEAS-2" along Z could help ?
        Have a nice wednesday !

Comment

BKulpa, JEFMAN

At my previous workplace I noticed a similar issue but the other way around.
          I compared the auto center scan to the vector point with center strategy by just doing 10 center scans and 10 vector points with center scan on the same part without removing it.
          I then compared the x,y & z values and got more repeatable values with the "old" scan method.
          Last edited by Aaron Baldauf; 04-14-2021, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFMAN View Post
            Very interesting post from BKulpa !!!!!
            TheDudeAbides : don't forget that the auto center scan drives the center ball... Maybe changing the end point to "-LOC1929A.R.MEAS-2" along Z could help ?
            Have a nice wednesday !
            Yes, that could explain why it is losing contact, but it's odd it has never happened before on other parts. Thanks Jef, have a nice day !

Comment