Will not store new calibration tool information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not store new calibration tool information

We have a computer (Win7) running PC-DMIS 2010 MR2 that we haven't had to make many changes with through the years. Today we were trying to add a new calibration tool, upon exiting and reopening the software we realized the tool disappeared.When this workstation opens PC-DMIS, it is set to run as administrator. Anyone have any ideas why this would change?

Our original tools are available and if we attempt to edit them they revert to original settings upon a reopen as well.

TIA

Sorry, just to be clear, are you actually running PC-Dmis as Admin?

Can you manually create a file (say a text file) in C:\ProgramData\WAI\PC-DMIS\2010 MR2 directory?
    Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• R2ah1ze1l
      R2ah1ze1l commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, from WAI down to folders we've created and I tested in some of the folders that are generated from installing.

C:\program data\wai\
    This folder and all of its sub folders need "users" to have "full control".
    Currently you don't have write access to this folder so PC-DMIS can't save the location. You could run PC-DMIS as administrator but you would be required to do that every time you start PC-DMIS and want to edit/calibrate a tool and retain the location data.
    Systems Integrator
    Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• R2ah1ze1l
      R2ah1ze1l commented
      Editing a comment
      That is how the permissions currently show when I checked the WAI folder.

Screenshot?
    There is a chance inheritance was disabled and might need to be regenerated.
    Ii would navigate to the sub folder and check permissions in the folder where tool.dat is stored.
    If you're an administrator on the computer you will personally be able to change files, but PC-DMIS will not unless it's running as admin too, just being an admin doesn't elevate every process.
    I would then check the file itself and make sure it didn't get write protected.
    Systems Integrator
    Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment

• R2ah1ze1l
      R2ah1ze1l commented
      Editing a comment
      When the PC-DMIS application opens it is set to 'run as administrator', however the folder containing the tool.dat file does not have write permissions. I will have to wait for the file running to end so I can correct it. Thank you for the help!