PC DMIS Will Only Open in Off-Line Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC DMIS Will Only Open in Off-Line Mode

EDIT: I first backed up my 2019 settings and then restored my 2020 settings with them, I believe that got me 90% there. And then the Hexagon team poked through my settings and found that I was missing a file. Once they pasted that file into the folder 2020 was back up and running. I was impressed with the service I received from the Hexagon team, with Don helping me with some error messages I was receiving and the lightning fast call I received after submitting my ticket (submitted Monday at 2.30ish, got a call Tuesday at 9.30). I'm glad to be back up and running!

I have never been on the network at my current place of employment, so last night they finally tried to do so. It's the same computer, same version, same everything, just on an account that's linked to our business network. Now PC DMIS 2020 won't open in on-line mode, and when it does open in off-line mode I can't program or open anything or make a new program. What I found here was after people had changed PCs and such so it doesn't apply to my situation. I went back to my old account that worked fine a half an hour before that's no longer working. I'm not sure what to do and neither does any one here at the office. Does anyone have any tips on how to get PC DMIS back online?

Edit: Seems like 2020 is the only one that's been effected. 2019 will work and allow me to start and run but I have nothing programmed for it. I'm not sure why 2020 is being affected, it literally worked an hour ago. I have hot parts that needed to be done today and it's so frustrating.
    Last edited by gt143744; 04-06-2021, 10:30 AM.

When installing PC-DMIS did you use an offline dongle to perform the install?
    Following the installation was the first execution 'Run-as-administrator' to set all your keys?

Comment

• gt143744
      gt143744 commented
      Editing a comment
      We didn't reinstall it, that's the thing. It's always been on this computer since I've been here, and it's always worked on this one account. Now, it no longer works even on that account, which also has admin rights.

My bad on the poor reading job originally, but maybe in the upgrading your account, it modified or broke some of the connections you originally had? I'd try a repair first, and if that doesn't correct the issue then I'd uninstall and reinstall.
    Win 10 and PC-Dmis have been battling on our offline stations and the repair helped us with a couple of the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by R2ah1ze1l View Post
      My bad on the poor reading job originally, but maybe in the upgrading your account, it modified or broke some of the connections you originally had? I'd try a repair first, and if that doesn't correct the issue then I'd uninstall and reinstall.
      Win 10 and PC-Dmis have been battling on our offline stations and the repair helped us with a couple of the issues.
      Thanks, it's a super weird problem. No one here is pretty skilled in IT knowledge unfortunately, I reached out to our sales rep so hopefully they can come and help us. I was rebuilding the program I needed in 2019 but now I can't get it to do anything without crashing so I'm dead in the water.

Comment

I am guessing this is a Hexagon machine with the Leitz controller interface? or maybe the FDC interface? Either way, they require a specific network IP address for the computer that the controller expects to communicate with. Sounds to me like when they put your CMM computer on the network, they altered the given IP address? Whoever did this to your system needs to undo it, set it back to the way it was yesterday.

Well, I just re-read your post If 2019 works, then the above would not be the issue. Did you try to re-import the settings from 2019 into 2020?

Comment

Can you check if there is interfac.dll in PCD 2020 installation folder (default is: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\PC-DMIS 2020 R1/R2 64-bit)? If dll is missing, you can rename e.g. fdc.dll, leitz.dll... based on your machine interface to interfac.dll.

Comment

• beech332
            beech332 commented
            Editing a comment
            It is recommended to make a copy of the file(FDC, Leitz, Sheffield, etc), then rename the copy, rather than renaming the original file.

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
          I am guessing this is a Hexagon machine with the Leitz controller interface? or maybe the FDC interface? Either way, they require a specific network IP address for the computer that the controller expects to communicate with. Sounds to me like when they put your CMM computer on the network, they altered the given IP address? Whoever did this to your system needs to undo it, set it back to the way it was yesterday.

Well, I just re-read your post If 2019 works, then the above would not be the issue. Did you try to re-import the settings from 2019 into 2020?
          That is what I'm trying to do. I don't have administrator rights on this computer (which I know will cause problems down the road) so I have to wait for IT to get here to get the password so that I can log in and noodle with the settings.

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
            Don Ruggieri commented
            Editing a comment
            Please confirm that 2019 does indeed work ON-LINE. Do the counters update when you jog the machine? If 2019 works then the computer's IP address is not the issue. However, PC-DMIS does internally store the IP address of the controller, maybe that was altered unexpectedly? Did you try importing the settings from 2019 into 2020?

• gt143744
            gt143744 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don, that is what I did first thing this morning-imported 2019's settings into 2020 and it did not work. 2019 works fine, connects fine, I can't program because it crashes but I can do manual measurements. I had our sales guy take a look at it and he couldn't figure out what was going on, he thinks something was installed wrong in the beginning and it finally/eventually failed Friday. I'm going to submit a support ticket because with 2020 down and not being able to program in 2019 I'm line down.

I am also seeing an issue with 2020 R1 SP10 wanting to start in Offline.. It has happened a couple of times in the last few days. I don't remember it happening in the previous SP .
          Leitz B5. interfac.dll is there.

EDIT: I have to close the program and re open the program without restarting the software completely.
          Last edited by Benedictj1; 04-06-2021, 04:36 PM.
          sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
          "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Is the Speed and Duplex set correctly on your network card?
            "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

Are you using Home Page? I have seen cases where there is slight delay in selecting the routine from the home page, and if you rush it, it does open in Offline. Just return back to the home page, make sure the counters are live, and then select the routine again. Does that help?

Comment

I am using home page. That is probably the issue. I will see if I can repeat that. I always wait till the axi become live then select the program.

Comment

Glad to hear Gratia that Hexagon was such a help this time with great response time as well. Awesome Hexagon
                  Michael A Wildschutz Sr
                  I Walk on The WildSide
                  "To Each is Own"

Comment

I noticed that the slider button for "Open Online" was not turned on when I started this morning. I opened in offline, closed , and the slider was turned on. Opened in Online Mode.

Comment

A little late to the party, but I'm having the same issue. We just got a new machine and when we tried to fire up PCDMIS using our company's license portlock, it says "the lock is programmed for leitz interfac.dll is FDC".

But in the install folder there is both a leitz.dll AND an FDC.dll. Is there no way for me to manually tell PCDMIS to use the FDC.dll file or do I HAVE to get Hexagon to reprogram the portlock?

Comment

Did you just update SMA for this CMM?

If you have multiple portlock these are not interchangeable and must be aligned to the machine it came from.

In PC-DMIS toolbar HELP/About PC-DMIS there is a view license details. On pulldown in license info all installed modules are listed this is where FDC or Leitz gets defined for the license in use.

Comment

• jtrofatter
                          jtrofatter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This makes sense. We replaced a machine with a new CMM. I'm guessing when they did the install of the software version we use, the portlock was never reprogrammed for the new CMM.