Is there a way to set the pitch of holes with Quick features from a cad model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to set the pitch of holes with Quick features from a cad model?

The problem i am running into is if the hole that I am checking for true position is threaded the model is just modeled as a hole and the quick feature for picking the hole(s) off the model will not allow me to put a pitch in the program unless I go back and edit it manually. Is there a way to set it prior to selecting the features off the cad ?

I haven't tried it, but I see that the Measurement Strategy Editor will let you define the pitch for measuring circles. I think that you could create a different measuring strategy for each type of hole pitch that you regularly program for and switch between them as you are using quick features.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jwl352017
      Jwl352017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you that does work

Another option that might speed things up for you is to use copy/paste parameters.
    1) Program all the auto circles for all the holes.
    2) Edit one of the holes manually (F9)
    3) Right click on the feature in the Edit Window and select "Copy Parameters"
    4) Select all the features that are threaded holes, right click, and select "Paste Parameters" - All the holes will now be measured with pitch.

Yet another option. Use a quick feature to measure one hole. Edit the parameters of that one hole (F9). Then use quick features to select the others. Once the parameters are manually defined for the first feature, it will temporarily become the new default, until you close the program or manually change them to something else. This can be handy, but also sometimes a pain. If you don't pay attention you may accidently apply a parameter that was meant for just one feature to al the features that follow.

That brings up yet one more option. Use Find and Replace to quickly change parameters in the Edit Window. Something to play with that can be really handy for all sorts of stuff.

Comment

• Jwl352017
      Jwl352017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, that works as well