Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overload Error

Hello,
    I encountered a problem...I started to take a vector point, when the cmm beeped just before touching the part and stopped. I took all extensions off of the probe (to prevent dmaging the styli etc). Then turned everything off. Now upon restarting I have an "Auto Overload Error" on the head controller. The small hand held box that changes the angles. The CMM is a B&S Global Status with the newer controller. My psi is at 58. Now, is there a reset button that I can access on the controller? Keep in mind, the machine never came into contact with the part or anything else.

A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

Originally posted by ag162 View Post
    The small hand held box that changes the angles.
    So can you change the angles with this box? Does your probe head look like it has erectile dysfunction?

Comment

Hello,
      I encountered a problem...I started to take a vector point, when the cmm beeped just before touching the part and stopped. I took all extensions off of the probe (to prevent dmaging the styli etc). Then turned everything off. Now upon restarting I have an "Auto Overload Error" on the head controller. The small hand held box that changes the angles. The CMM is a B&S Global Status with the newer controller. My psi is at 58. Now, is there a reset button that I can access on the controller? Keep in mind, the machine never came into contact with the part or anything else.

A.Gore
      It's probably due to you using that [email protected] cylinder probe. Man, I hate those things.

Well, have you tried to change the angle manually to free it up?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

When I took all of the extras off, the head disengaged. This usually corrects itself upon the restart. But when I do the machine start, it kicks back out. Nothing is in a bind.x,y and z are all free.
        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Ok, I may have it now,,,,,I found the shut off for the head. This should reset everything,,,,,,
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Ok, I got it going. Thanks for the suggestions. I still don't have a clue as to why it would overload from no contact........

A.Gore
            sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Ok, I got it going. Thanks for the suggestions. I still don't have a clue as to why it would overload from no contact........

A.Gore
              What head do you have? If it is a PH9/PH9A, it may be wearing out and losing it's grip. IT can happen. A sudden stop or start may be JUST enough for it to un-seat the head. IF it is one of those heads, there is a screw (WARNING, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!) that adjsut the seating pressure of the head. It is located on the side of the head. All you'll see is a little hole, but in there is a screw you can tighten (or loosen) to adjust the seating pressure.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

It is a PH10MQ and is in very good condition. However I may need to go to the med force module.

Thanks,
                A.Gore
                sigpicA.Gore

Comment

http://re3.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3401339074
                  Whut happened to your probehead?

G
                  sigpic

Comment