Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotate to a CAD Surface or Edge

Hi Guys!
    I been looking thru the forum/F1 and I haven't been able to find good instruction on step by step on how to use "Rotate to a CAD Surface or Edge". Ugh, i am still not able to upload a picture. nut its in the alignment utilities box. the little picture in the Rotate section.

If you mean the icons circled below, click the icon first and then select your cad surface or edge - the surface / edge should highlight and flash once you've selected them or you will get an error message if they are invalid.

Capture.PNG
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

• BrianG
      BrianG commented
      Editing a comment
      To clarify a little, you have to select what you want in the "Rotate To:" and "About" fields to get the results you desire. The angle will be computed from the normal of the surface you choose. I haven't had success choosing an "edge".

• ProbFlex
      ProbFlex commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Neil. that is what i am asking about. the one on top. and Thank you Brian. I am still having trouble uploading pictures. Ugh, hope this make senses.
      So, once i have created a plane Z-PLUS, Z translate. what would be the appropriate futures i have to chose from and why and how will it calculate.

To be clear, when you rotate or translate to a CAD surface or edge it is a purely theoretical shift - the same as if you typed in a value into the offset angle or offset distance box. If you want to actually align to measured data you should select a feature.
    Neil Challinor
    PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
    E: [email protected]

Comment

• ProbFlex
      ProbFlex commented
      Editing a comment
      would you elaborate "If you want to actually align to measured data you should select a feature".

• JacobCheverie
      JacobCheverie commented
      Editing a comment
      If you measure a plane, say PLN1, and you want that measured plane to establish the XY-plane, you would open the alignment dialog window, select PLN1 from the list of features on the left, select ZPLUS in the drop-down next to the LEVEL button, and press the LEVEL button.